Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: sports [+] [View All]
Paul Nordquist
United States
Rockford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing this game because it captures the biggest part of baseball, and that is the confrontation between the pitcher and the batter. That, to me, is 80% of the game of baseball. Trying to outguess your opponent is simulated like no other tabletop baseball game, past or present, in the market that I am aware of.

In spite of my fondness for this game, the game has many inherent flaws in it. These flaws are my pet peeves.

1. Too many roll agains. a 12 sided di would do the job much better than a 6 which comes with the game...

2. Wild Pitches outnumber Past balls about 4 to 1, yet they aren't considered...

3. No Balks....

4. Infield errors outnumber Outfield errors about 4 to 1, yet the game puts it at about even.

5. No strikes. If the game has balls, why not a strike?

6. The "advanced" game has different Batter's averages for facing different types of Pitchers (LHP/RHP). Why not have this rule for Pitchers, too?

7. No Pop ups....

8. No Robs of Hits....

9. Batter's averages are effected by the count. This also is not captured in the game....

10.The Taking Extra Base chart is ok except the Roll Agains need to be eliminated.

11. The Home Run chart is fine except it yields too many Triples. The number of Triples could be reduced if a follow up di roll is less than or equal to the Batter's Speed Value, resulting in a 3 bagger. If not, the hit would be a Double.

12 Occasionally a Catcher misses a 3rd strike. This could be factored into the game somehow.

13. A walk could be followed by a di roll. If the di roll were say a 12, the result would be a Hit Batter instead.

14. Advancement on a Ground Ball 4 needs to be adjusted to a Ground Ball 4 to the right side of the infield.

15. There are a few more and I will mention them as time permits and if there is demand to hear my opinions on Baseball Strategy by Avalon Hill/Sports Illustrated.

Thanks for reading this article.

For a download of my "House Rules", please e-mail me at natpasstime@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! How about posting your house rules on the Geek? Make alot of Baseball Strategy fans happy, and earn a few GG as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nordquist
United States
Rockford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How could I do this? Post my House Rules..etc

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to Basebal Strategy in the game files (use the Search feature at the top of the page). Scroll down to the Files section. Click on add file and follow the instructions! (Make sure you have the House rules as a file in your computer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Compton
United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get a chance, check out Dynasty League Baseball. One of the better baseball simulation games out there period.

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/952

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nordquist
United States
Rockford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just down loaded my house rules and am waiting for approval.

Thanks,

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.