Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My (limited) choice of flight home depends on what time I can game until. Thanks in advance for answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially around 1pm, but the game library closes at noon. There are people who hang around for longer than that of course. There was one year I was playing a game with Rusty (kuhrusty) in one of the side rooms until almost 6pm as they were literally packing up chairs and tables around us until his flight was about due to leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
The con "officially" ends at 3pm, the library closes at 1pm. But there is at least one ballroom section that stays open all night for those continuing to game into the evening - at least several tables worth in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Late Sunday is the only time I've actually seen Jeff play a game. ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:
My (limited) choice of flight home depends on what time I can game until. Thanks in advance for answers.

In some cases, Sunday morning may be your only chance to get into that really hot Essen release you want to play (as most are pre-arranged among full groups beforehand - note that those take priority over singles looking for games).

Even if you do get into a game in the New Games room at 8 AM Sunday, you may not finish, depending on what time they shut it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H G
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a dude
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:

My experience last year, was that, while people were around to play, loooots of people were taking off first thing Sunday. You will get in plenty of play time the other days. If anything, just stay up all night Saturday and stumble to the airport whenever you need to on Sunday. You won't be missing anything on Sunday, tbh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2017
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilaryg wrote:
Sorp222 wrote:

My experience last year, was that, while people were around to play, loooots of people were taking off first thing Sunday. You will get in plenty of play time the other days. If anything, just stay up all night Saturday and stumble to the airport whenever you need to on Sunday. You won't be missing anything on Sunday, tbh.

I tend to agree with this assessment. I've always stuck around until noon or so on Sunday and I've always felt like it was harder to get a game started and finished. There are people there playing games, but many are gone and many others are simply exhausted.

The only year I played a lot on Sunday is when the ice storm hit (2 years ago, I think) and a bunch of us were stuck there for another night. So, if it looks like an ice storm is hitting Dallas, TX in November again then assume there may be plenty of Sunday gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bnordeng wrote:
Hilaryg wrote:
Sorp222 wrote:

I tend to agree with this assessment. I've always stuck around until noon or so on Sunday and I've always felt like it was harder to get a game started and finished. There are people there playing games, but many are gone and many others are simply exhausted.

The only year I played a lot on Sunday is when the ice storm hit (2 years ago, I think) and a bunch of us were stuck there for another night. So, if it looks like an ice storm is hitting Dallas, TX in November again then assume there may be plenty of Sunday gaming.

I have found a miles/reward flight that leaves quite late on the Sunday (10.30 pm). I am now thinking of heading into town and doing some tourist stuff for part or all of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sittel
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
I admit it... I am a Euro-gaming snob.
badge
I'm addicted to racing 'round the cones (autocross).
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game I play at BGG.CON is "Elevator Madness", where you hope that there's room for you and your luggage when the doors open. Handy tip: when checking out, press the up button and ride to wherever it's going. Then on the way down you can laugh your way to victory-after it stops on every floor on the way down, that is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcsittel wrote:
The last game I play at BGG.CON is "Elevator Madness", where you hope that there's room for you and your luggage when the doors open. Handy tip: when checking out, press the up button and ride to wherever it's going. Then on the way down you can laugh your way to victory-after it stops on every floor on the way down, that is!

Or just bring a reasonable amount of luggage and take the stairs :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lina B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We found round-trip airfare for $103 each including all fees if we left on Monday (as opposed to the $260 each I thought was a barging last year). There are three of us, so the cost savings on the ticket more than made up for the cost of staying an extra night. We'll play until they shoo us away, then simply re-locate. If previous cons are any indication we'll have a fair selection of games to play too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.