Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the game really be played in 6 hours? How long does it really take to play from Barbarossa to DEC 44'?

I am really skeptical since the counters are Divisions/Corps (german and Russian respectively, I suppos) and each turn represents 2 weeks? 26 turns per year x 3 years = 78 turns, that's a turn about every 5 minutes?

Any other information I should know about the game. I am veteran East Front by Columbia Games, and used to Play AH's Russian Front. That is my frame of reference.

Thanks for your time

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, 360 minutes was the maximum game length you could put into BGG. When you see that, think "a whole long time."

It's been a while since I've played WWM, and I never did the whole shebang, so I'm not sure how long it'd actually take...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hawkeye 6 wrote:
Can the game really be played in 6 hours? How long does it really take to play from Barbarossa to DEC 44'?

If the weather is good each turn will take almost an hour (more in the early stages of the game). Bad weather turns can end in less than half the time.

I'd say 50 hours minimum for the entire campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

It looks life a gorgeous game, but I have no interest --or the time-- to play game taking that much time. I am not afraid "monster" games, but "tweezer games" that's another matter.

Thanks for you assessments.

cheers,
H6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.