United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
Wherever You Go, There You Are
badge
With no certain future, and no purpose other than to prevail
mbmbmbmbmb
#1-Orders From Rome-Useful if the Panzer Divisions are not yet on the board. More likely to work for the allies than London Calling will work for the Axis.

#3-Poor Morale-Since the Italian divisions are frequently eliminated due to not having battlegroups anyway, this card really doesn't hurt the axis much. However, culling the deck may be worth it.

#4-Disengage-Fairly useless, since you still get all of the step losses.

#5-Taranto Raid-Painful to lose such a great card, but 1VP could make a real difference late in the game. I'd play it.

#6-Naval Shore Bombardment-Cull this card the first chance you get.

#8-Mediterranean Fleet-You must hold this card to keep the axis guessing.

#9-Compass-The Italians are unlikely to stay next the Brits due to this card, so you may have to play it just for movement to cull it from the deck.

#10/#33-Ultra-Knowing the axis cards is nice, but I wouldn't hold to wait for the right moment. Just play it early in the turn.

#12-Minefields-This can really save the day to keep Panzers out of bad spots (Mersa Matruh). Save this for the right moment if you can.

#13-Matildas-A very good card. Counter-intuitive, but probably best used in East Africa (Keren).

#17-Long Range Desert Group-Doesn't seem useful to me, but I guess it depends on how well you roll on the raids.

#18-Ethiopian Campaign-East Africa can be conquered without this, but it sure makes it easier.

#19-Auchinleck-Cull it if you can!

#22-Barbarossa-A must play "."

#23-"Where is Gambara?"-Probably won't make a huge difference, but cull it when you can.

#24/#25/#27/#44-Malta Convoys-Must play.

#26-Exporter-Not as necessary as Ethiopian Campaign or Vulcan, but necessary if you want Beirut.

#28-Atlantic Charter-Must play.

#35-Torch-Must play.

#36-Montgomery-If I'm the axis, you should skip playing this card :>

#40-"Victory or Death"-Possibly a late-game decisive VP.

#45-Spitfires-Must play.

#48-Malta Victorious-Must play, if you can arrange it.

#51-Vulcan-Must play, IMHO, esp. if Torch comes out late.

#55-Von Arnim Takes Command-If you are sitting on Tripoli, a Rommel column shift is not likely to be a major concern. I'd use the OPS to finish the axis off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.