Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news! In the last 12 hours the kickstarter has gone up by around 60K. The last 48 hours have so far proven to be very fruitful like we all predicted.

Even better, with Print and Play smashed, we are over halfway there to the last stretch goal.

We can do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 hours later we are at 465K.

Yep, we are hitting that last stretch goal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there will be a stretch goal after 500k? I think that we will hit 500k, but I am not sure that there are enough people still on the fence about this project to get to 600k and beyond.

If the next stretch goal is temping enough, it could happen, but it seems like White Wizard is being responsible and running a campaign that can deliver on time and under budget rather than one that will maximize revenue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gasher Bloodspuer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done any print and play for cards before. Any suggestions I should keep in mind? Anyone have a rough ballpark idea of what to expect a little printing shop to charge? Even a "if they charge more than this number they are trying to rob you" , would be fine.

Also will we be having to resize? Or does print and play mean sized and ready for printing pdf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasher Bloodspuer wrote:
I haven't done any print and play for cards before. Any suggestions I should keep in mind? Anyone have a rough ballpark idea of what to expect a little printing shop to charge? Even a "if they charge more than this number they are trying to rob you" , would be fine.

Also will we be having to resize? Or does print and play mean sized and ready for printing pdf?

I've done a lot of printing through online services such as printerstudio.com and artscow.com. Most online services require individual jpegs of each card, which can take a little work to make but isn't that bad and can be done from a pdf using screengrab tools or Acrobat reader's snapshot tool. Prices for online services vary, but $10-15 for a deck of 54 cards is pretty typical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy M
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
I wonder if there will be a stretch goal after 500k? I think that we will hit 500k, but I am not sure that there are enough people still on the fence about this project to get to 600k and beyond.

If the next stretch goal is temping enough, it could happen, but it seems like White Wizard is being responsible and running a campaign that can deliver on time and under budget rather than one that will maximize revenue.

Well we do know this at least from Update #17 after they added the 500k stretch goal:
"Please note, due to time constraints, these are the last physical stretch goals we can add. We are committed to getting this game into your hands in September. We are working hard to finalize designs on these final stretch goal cards so we can send them off to the printer as soon as this campaign ends."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasher Bloodspuer wrote:

I use Kinkos. They charge $1.25 for a color copy printed on card stock and .59 for a copy printed on paper. Don't forget, you may want to print a few extra pages that have the token cards on them.
When the PnP is released, measure the cards. They will probably be actual size (approx. 2.5 x 3.5 inches) and you should print them that way. Do not scale, do not "fit to page".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$491K.

It's happening! Really happy that we are so close now, I'm just desperate to get hold of the pnp files so I can play a few games before it officially releases after the Summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasher Bloodspuer wrote:

If you want to make your own:

Making Cards: You’ll never use your old method again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got the files and I was able to successfully print the cards, but I can't seem to get the tokens to print. Probably user error. The tokens are in 2 separate files, neither of which seems to want to print from the pdf. When I try and print them, it just spits blank paper out. I have checked the obvious things like ink and such. Am I alone in this struggle, or is anyone else having an issue printing the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gasher Bloodspuer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Harmon wrote:
So I got the files and I was able to successfully print the cards, but I can't seem to get the tokens to print. Probably user error. The tokens are in 2 separate files, neither of which seems to want to print from the pdf. When I try and print them, it just spits blank paper out. I have checked the obvious things like ink and such. Am I alone in this struggle, or is anyone else having an issue printing the tokens?

It's a known issue on the kickstarter page. Robert said fixed token pdfs would be up tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasher Bloodspuer wrote:
Devon Harmon wrote:

It's a known issue on the kickstarter page. Robert said fixed token pdfs would be up tonight.

Yay! It wasn't me. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gasher Bloodspuer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He says they should work now. Time to redownload even though I won't be able to find anywhere to print them until tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.