Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

A Few Acres of Snow» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leaving aside HH, do the 2nd edition rule changes improve the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired a copy of the 1st edition, and I was wondering if the 2nd edition rule changes improve the game. I'm not looking to start another discussion about the HH or whether the rules changes are or are not effective at neutralizing it - I think there has already been enough written about that. Assuming the HH is not being pursued, what effect do the 2nd edition rules have on the game, for better or worse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The French 'bateaux' card gets taken out and I believe Fort Beausejour receives a ship symbol. Both would aid the French somewhat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not being able to reserve locations is a bit less thematic, but mechanically seems to be for the best. Obviously that's a trivial thing to house rule in either direction though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't make the game worse, if that's what you are asking, but they don't make much of a difference. But Given it's costless to use the2nd edition rules, then I would. Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.