Alien Frontiers Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Retail big box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a retail version of this box coming? I'd prefer to pick this up instead of scrounging for little expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Kickstarter they said that it was a limited run and retail wasn't assured. My guess is some locations might get a few copies but there won't be very many, unless they sell very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris mata
United States
moore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i assume the KS is already over. hate i missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrismata wrote:
i assume the KS is already over. hate i missed it.

It is over, but it's not due until 2016. You might try contacting the organizers directly for extra copies. I've had some success doing that with other projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Hardy
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
The die has been cast.
badge
Meet me on http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Club-Warrington/
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Michael@GameSalute.com and he arranged for me to order the Kickstarter Big Box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris mata
United States
moore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. I emailed him. hopefully i can get in line!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justine Leslein
msg tools
mb
I did as well, thank you for the tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jme Bedard
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much did it cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandelStephens wrote:
How much did it cost?

It was 125 USD, very pricey. I find game salute amusing with their constant distribution kickstarter. I've never seen something so risk averse masquerading as a business, limit your sales to a portion in order to guaranty it all moves? Not all potential buyers will jump at the gimmick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yikes! With the exchange rate that puts it well out of my price range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rodriguez
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Seriously, I have a problem...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up to anyone looking to get in on this post KS like I was, when I contacted michael@gamesalute.com to inquire about a late pledge/pre-order he told me it would be $175 plus $14 shipping now.

I was under the impression that this game was already pretty overpriced for the component count/quality from a different thread I had come across. Looks to me like all the components that make up the big box can be obtained on Amazon for less than this new preorder price that I was given & I'm not sure there is anything in/about the BB that makes it worth it. Anyone with some hands on experience of this game care to comment on this to sway me one way or another?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Wentland
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Roar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is fun but not ~$200 fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barnes
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I came upon KS after this project, so I missed out. I've contacted Game Salute about extra prints and was informed that they are out.
If anyone will be receiving an extra copy that they wish to sell, please contact me. I work with a group of great people who volunteer our time and games to expand the betterment of our hobby. Out of the 100's of games we have collectively, Alien Frontiers doesn't seem to be one, and I don't know why?!

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usurperdave wrote:
Unfortunately I came upon KS after this project, so I missed out. I've contacted Game Salute about extra prints and was informed that they are out.
If anyone will be receiving an extra copy that they wish to sell, please contact me. I work with a group of great people who volunteer our time and games to expand the betterment of our hobby. Out of the 100's of games we have collectively, Alien Frontiers doesn't seem to be one, and I don't know why?!

Thank you

At this point you might be better off buying the base game and expansions separately. Who knows when this KS will fulfill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris VanWell
United States
Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
I'm thinking
mbmbmbmbmb
Over a year they have had all that kickstarter money, and now we get the update that not only are they a month late, but they haven't even bothered to try to get the plastic components printed. On top of that they don't even know where to go to have these components made.

Hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.