Subject: Retreat Paths rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

First of all, congratulations on this game. I am playing the campaign solo to nail the rules and thoroughly enjoying it. A question though about retreat paths.

The priority for a unit in it's retreat path is towards the main supply source for their side. This means moving South for the French and North for the Allies. The situation I am encountering more frequently now, as the game is becoming more fluid, is the immediate retreat path being blocked by enemy units - see picture below

The French Cavalry in 3310 has been hit by artillery, lost a step and then failed a QFT by 2. This requires them to retreat. The priority retreat path is towards their supply source which would take them into 3210 or 3211, both currently occupied by enemy troops. Are they simply eliminated (hard fromage) or can they go into 3309 on the basis that it is at least taking them towards the supply source, albeit via a circuitous route!

Since I am playing solo, this isn't about anyone gaining an advantage, just to clarify in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim. I'd whack a copy of this over at CSW if I were you.

I guess they're fine as it only says "with priority toward the units supply hex" 14.1

Good job they didn't fail by more than 2. They'd be buggered (rule 15= no ezocs can be moved into even if occupied by friendlies)

I'm still on the first scenario myself..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Good suggestion. Need to shake off the cobwebs on my CSW account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raynald Foret
France
Thorigné-Fouillard
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Official answer done on a French forum : You are allowed to take a circuitous route to avoid an ennemy unit or a ZoC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Quel forum?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim
The "priority"of retreat toward supply source should not create a loss that could be avoided with another possible route.
It is a priority between possible path of retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategikon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waltervejdo wrote:
Hi Jim
The "priority"of retreat toward supply source should not create a loss that could be avoided with another possible route.
It is a priority between possible path of retreat.

Gotcha. I hoped this was the answer. When I've finished I'll be trying to find time for a review. Up to 4pm turn and so far feeling very positive about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.