Popular Tags: wotw [+] [View All]
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now for the heavy weight division of werewolf!
On my right we have the dastardly evil, clever, cunning, but completely likable, best everything of the year in the wolfie awards.

With One Hundred and Twenty Two games under his belt, and 7 of the most fantastic moderated games seen this side of the Antarctica, I know you've been waiting for him - give it up - for Mister
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay MILUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

So Mr JMilum, how are you going to tackle tonight's opposition?
JMilum wrote:

Winning

So is that your focus?
JMilum wrote:

Winning

And that focus is your strategy?
JMilum wrote:

Winning

OK thank you!

Our reporters caught up with Mr JMilum earlier this week, and he had this to say about himself.
JMilum wrote:

I was born and raised in a small town in Missouri (Caruthersville) then moved to Memphis, TN where I went to High School (and where I met my future wife). Then went to college at the University of Mississippi and got a degree in Chemical Engineering. Next up was real life and a job in Austin, TX. I got married a few months later. I got transferred and moved to Midland, TX, had a kid, then got a new job back in Mississippi. Had another kid and now also have a new job in Alabama.

I never really played games as a kid, being an only child with parents that didn't like games. My grandmother did play cards with me though, and i loved that. I have always played video games. My wife loved to play board games so I did some research, found BGG and have bought way too many games since then.

Also, rumour and speculation have detailed that JMilum:-
1. Has once been detained for questioning by the Secret Service
2. had a tombstone fall on his leg and broke it when he was a kid
3. once had a pet tarantula

When we asked him about it, he said that one was a blatant lie.

Over to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, JMilum. I'm not at all surprised!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!!!!

I am really going to enjoy hearing your responses to all their questions.

Remember I will be reading so you better tell the truth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: What are your favorite children games that are fun for both adults and kids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Freyja wrote:
Congratulations!!!!

I am really going to enjoy hearing your responses to all their questions.

Remember I will be reading so you better tell the truth

*giggles at the Wife's response and glad her own husband doesn't play the game, though he did like the answers she had given when she was WotW.*

Well, in order to save your posterior, J, I'll ask polite and perfectly safe questions. devil

1. Not having ever played in a game with both of you at the same time, is that a normal way for the two of you to play Werewolf?

2. If you do play in the same games:

a. Do you lead the voting on the other, if you think they are on the opposite side?

b. Have you voted for the other and found out they are a "special role" that happens to be on your side after death?

c. Have you ever sniped the other in a game?

Well, I think that's enough for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Congrats, Jeremy!

So how come you let me overtake you in games played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to start simple.
When is your wife's birthday.
What did you give her the last four years.
What is your wife's second favourite food, and when did she last eat it.

OK they're not real questions, cos they have no question mark.

So what inspired the Cassandra Project?
How much time did it take?
How much time does it still take on maintenance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it true Agnespoodle snores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, rumour and speculation have detailed that JMilum:-
1. Has once been detained for questioning by the Secret Service
2. had a tombstone fall on his leg and broke it when he was a kid
3. once had a pet tarantula

When we asked him about it, he said that one was a blatant lie.

One is a blatant lie. The others are subtle lies, but lies nonetheless. jmilum is sneaky like that, wording his response carefully so as to mislead us without sacrificing the basic truthiness of his statements.

I think 1 is the blatant lie. 2 is sort of true, but he broke his arm, not his leg. And 3 is also sort of true - it was a tarantula, but it was hardly a "pet" and simply ran wild around his room. And was imaginary anyway.

I actually don't have that many questions for Mr. Milum, however. I probably know a good deal more about him and how he plays/moderates than anyone else here, and he probably knows a good deal more about me than he really ought to.

Except for this one.

Have I sufficiently punished you for Bewitched 2 yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise surprise SHRIEKING..... OMG.. it's JMILUM!!!

I'm not sure if it's true or not BUT... I HEARD your wife's best friend is really wonderful, and a superior babysitter......

Glad to see you here... I have a few questions for you..

1. Do you enjoy eating Lobster?

2. Favorite kind of toliet paper?

3. Now having 2 children.. worst nightmare?

4. Do you have any idea what goes on on Exile island in Survivor?

5. Favorite person to play WW live with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
praisechick wrote:
Congrats, JMilum. I'm not at all surprised!

I was. blush

Latria wrote:
Q: What are your favorite children games that are fun for both adults and kids?

Gulo Gulo is my son's current favorite (he's 4). But he also really enjoys the 'new game' game. That is where a package comes for daddy which will invariably contain a 'new game' and then when I get home from work we get to punch out all the pieces together and put them in little baggies. he loves that.

TheArchAngel wrote:
1. Not having ever played in a game with both of you at the same time, is that a normal way for the two of you to play Werewolf?

2. If you do play in the same games:
a. Do you lead the voting on the other, if you think they are on the opposite side?
b. Have you voted for the other and found out they are a "special role" that happens to be on your side after death?
c. Have you ever sniped the other in a game?

1. we have played in a few games together, but we really seem to have different tastes in which games we like, so don't often find our selves in the same games. Here is a list of the ones we have played in that were basically normal games (there were a few others that were not 'normal' ww games)

177) Prince Caspian (freyja evil, jmilum neutral)
192) Invasion of the Body Snatchers (both evil)
209) Milucide (both good)
265) The Thing Redux (jmilum evil)
295) The Silver Chair (both good)

2a. She has lead the voting on me before, but I cannot recall anytime that i have done the same. I thought she was evil in Caspian, but since I was neutral (and ended up winning w/ the evils) I didn't feel any real need to get her lynched in that game.

2b. nope
2c. nope

shugyosha wrote:
So how come you let me overtake you in games played?

i am not worthy to be #2 really it was a combination of having a second child, getting busier at work, playing w/ the cassandra website, and burnout. I really slowed down this year.

bluebehir wrote:

1. Melsana. it was her idea to expand her spreadsheet to a database backed website. once we had that, the rest fell into place very nicely.

2. Hmmm, not sure since it is still a work in progress, but check out the change log:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/change_lo...

3. Not a lot lately. It mostly just runs. I have to fix some stuff occasionally when problems come up, maybe once a week or so. I mainly do the backend stuff and that hasn't changed much lately. I still have a lot of stuff to add, but with starting a new job, I haven't had the time to play of late.

mdp4828 wrote:
Is it true Agnespoodle snores?

i thought that was you

kimapesan wrote:
Have I sufficiently punished you for Bewitched 2 yet?

Oh, hell yes. That was not one of my brightest moments wow

melissa wrote:

wow, you sure your up to it?? kiss

Wildscrpio wrote:
1. Do you enjoy eating Lobster?
2. Favorite kind of toliet paper?
3. Now having 2 children.. worst nightmare?
4. Do you have any idea what goes on on Exile island in Survivor?
5. Favorite person to play WW live with?

1. not anymore..... gulp

2. the kind with ripples, cottenelle i think?

3. nah, I love my kids, and mostly like them too

4. wild sex parties?

5. someone that knows HOW to play the game. BGG Con was great w/ all the online players there. so my fav would have to be the BGG Community as a whole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
bluebehir wrote:

1. Melsana. it was her idea to expand her spreadsheet to a database backed website. once we had that, the rest fell into place very nicely.

2. Hmmm, not sure since it is still a work in progress, but check out the change log:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/change_lo...

I was trying to refrain from commenting since this is his week to Shine.

But I must comment on Blue's #2 Questions....

It took a HELL of alot of Time time to get Cassandra up and running

but I must say... It was worth it! Him and Melsana and have greatly improved WW playing on BGG! Nice Job Guys!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
1: Why do you play?

2: Favourite lynch time?

3: Favourite tiebreaker?

4: Least favourite tiebreaker?

5: Favourite number of players?

6: Is there anything that you saw in a game that worked really well, and you wish that you would see in more games?

7: Is there anything that you saw in a game, that you thought was really clever, and that possibly should have worked really well, but ended up being crap?

8: Is there anything that you want to want to see in a werewolf game that you haven't yet?

9: Have you ever been mod killed? If so, why?

10: If you had never discovered werewolf, what would you be playing instead?

More specific questions coming later...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats jmilum.

What do you look for in people's posts to determine whether they are lying or not?

As a wolf, what types of things do you like to do to spread FUD? (I don't need all of your secrets, but one would be fun.)

How important are voting records to you and what do you look for when trying to find evil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Will the RED PING OF DEATH ever return?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Lardarse wrote:

Cogito ergo ludo.

Quote:
2: Favourite lynch time?

9pm BGG

Quote:
3: Favourite tiebreaker?

Longest Held Vote

Quote:
4: Least favourite tiebreaker?

Random

Quote:

online = 21
f2f = 15

Quote:
6: Is there anything that you saw in a game that worked really well, and you wish that you would see in more games?

7: Is there anything that you saw in a game, that you thought was really clever, and that possibly should have worked really well, but ended up being crap?

I need to think on those two some more....

Quote:
8: Is there anything that you want to want to see in a werewolf game that you haven't yet?

I would like to see a series of games where the past games influence the future games.

Quote:
9: Have you ever been mod killed? If so, why?

Yes, in the "Costume Ball" game ran my Melsana. I revealed who my partner was which was against the rules in the game.

Quote:
10: If you had never discovered werewolf, what would you be playing instead?

probably more video games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
What do you look for in people's posts to determine whether they are lying or not?

I don't look for lying directly. I try to find inconsistencies and discover why they are there. Say that person A votes on B one day, seems very strongly in favor of B's lynch. Perhaps B has a few votes on him but never gets lynched. Next day does A vote on B again? If not why? The reason better be good. I know that most fall into two groups: the analyzers and the instinct players. I think perhaps I straddle that line. I do some analysis, but no where near as much as the 'true' analyzers and also go by 'gut feel' very often. Someone may just seem evil to me and so I go back and try to determine why.

Quote:
As a wolf, what types of things do you like to do to spread FUD?

I try to see dissension amongst the ranks. Play the villagers against each other. But it is very important to be consistent. General FUD may cloud the issues, but to fully exploit situation, you need to get the villagers to lynch who you want without explicitly showing your true intent. As a wolf you should assume that you will be found out, so you need to make sure that you do not leave any clues that will lead to the lynch of your fellow wolves. It is much better to leave false clues that will get a villager lynched instead. That will cause the village to perhaps disregard any signs that do point to another wolf, that you did inadvertently make.

Quote:
How important are voting records to you and what do you look for when trying to find evil?

I think they are important which is one of the reasons I get irritated when people do not vote. After a wolf is lynched, checking their voting history may show other wolves. It can also illustrate inconsistencies: why is person A now voting on person B, when they could have lynched B several days ago?? Why the change? stuff like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Will the RED PING OF DEATH ever return?

nah, i don't think so. it's old school

Perhaps I should have used it in that Random Whims game though. I name 4 people that I think are wolves. I was right about 2 of them being evil (a third ended up neutral, so I think I can count that too). But no one would listen to me and they lynched me for all my effort. I even told them in which order to lynch the evils. They lynched one after the seer also called the guy evil. But then did they go back to what I had posted and get the next guy?? No. The neutrals ended up winning the game because of poor play by the wolves. But I doubt the Red Ping would have helped me there anyway.

Hmmm, perhaps it is a good time to address a new fallacy I have seen crop up lately: if two people are tied and one get lyched but comes up good, then you have to lynch the other guy since of course he must be evil.

Where did that come from? I find that pretty silly. Stop doing that guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats jmilum on becoming WotW. For now I'll just tag along

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
jmilum wrote:
Lardarse wrote:

Cogito ergo ludo.

"I think, therefore I play" ?

Quote:
Quote:

online = 21
f2f = 15

Why the difference?

Quote:
Quote:

I would like to see a series of games where the past games influence the future games.

You might want to pay attention during 2007, then...

Who exactly is that in your avatar?

Which Wolfy was the bigger surprise: Wolf of the Year, or Non-wolf of the Year?

If you could only think of one piece of advice for new plaers, what would it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Shadow of the Emperor; what is your strategy?

How tired where you when you got home Sunday after BGG.con?

Can you name the first game of online WW that you played (without looking at Casandra)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you have a new job in Alabama? Does this mean you have left the confines of the great Columbus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing great about Columbus or Starkville.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats.

Since I chat with you more than any other person, I don't really have any good questions for you.

But I will say, thanks for helping make Cassandra a reality. It has been great fun and I've learned alot while working with you on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.