Subject: Britain Map Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross posted into session reports, with some editing:

OK, just finished playing the 6 player Britain map (the UK was Britain + Ireland after the 1800 Act of Union), so here is an overview of how it went and some feedback and constructive criticisms:

There were some good cards on offer, so I won the first auction with a bid of £5,000, issued 3 shares and snapped up railroad executive and built to Harwich from the nearest grey one, scoring a total of 5 points for first delivery to Harwich. I also picked up a land grant card and built to the next grey city in (Cambridge/Northampton?). From there I gradually headed towards Oxford and up to Leicester and a few other cities in the area. I failed my mission (London to Penzance via Bristol), mostly because Bob took most of that route himself. I finished with 5 shares and middling score.

Dave started up in Scotland, and managed to do his mission (connect up the Scottish cities), but found it hard due to hills and long distances. Eventually extended down to N. England. He scored fairly well and issued about 10 shares.

Bob built rather haphazardly close to me/London, then Liverpool/Manchester, and didn't deliver any cubes on turn one which put him into a debt spiral to last the game. He then started to build from Bristol towards Penzance without bothering to deliver too many cubes or upgrade his engine, but picking up the London-Penzance long route bonus (+10) and completing his mission. He finished with a respectable score, that is, until we deducted his 22 shares. surprise

James built at first in the midlands (only 1 link), but then west out of London, and south to Portsmouth and east to Brighton, then over towards Bristol/South Wales. He issued about 10 shares and did ok.

John did very well- he started in the NW midlands (Birmingham/Liverpool/Manchester area), extending south to Bristol/South Wales eventually. He managed to pick up the +3 and +4 bonus start cards early on, issued a lot of shares (15), but still won the game convincingly, completing his mission (most money).

Peter built in NE England and did quite well at the start, owing to a nice cube distribution, but ran short on cubes later on. He finished with only 4 shares, but not too many points, from memory.

No one bought a ferry.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hudson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a picture of the map? Also, I am curious as to its physical construction. Was it bought? or made from inket printouts pasted to cardboard? Did it warp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.