Subject: Where / When for SK1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Robert Patton
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm trying to locate starter kit 1, or find out when / if MMP is actually going to republish it. I emailed them about it last month and they did not say when it would be republished, just that I should get SK2 instead. That's really not what I want to do, I need SK1 for various reasons. So, anyone here heard any news or get a useful response out of MMP? Or know where an SK1 could be found for purchase (I haven't seen it on ebay lately)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Promise me there won't be any squares at my funeral
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember reading that SK1 was going to be reprinted when SK3 got printed. So it should be soon. The might be waiting on the big SK-style map bundle to come back from the printers before they ship the SKs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
The third reprint of ASLSK #1 has been delayed for many months, pending the completion of ASLSK #3. For reasons of economy the two games must be printed together, but ASLSK #3 has had delay after delay in its development.

That's the bad news. The good news is that these two titles are being printed now. Based on the discussions on ConsimWorld, I would say that the maps have been ready for some time; the printing of the counter sheets and boxes is either complete or nearly complete; and hopefully the rulebooks, scenario cards, and charts are now in the process of being printed.

I think that there's a good chance that MMP could have all of the parts of these games on hand prior to Christmas. But I imagine that their priority will be to ship the nearly 2000 pre-orders for ASLSK #3, and it's not clear if they will be accepting orders for ASLSK #1 before those pre-orders go out.

ASLSK #1 has been out of print for so long now that I doubt you can find a retailer that still has copies for sale. But there are currently 18 people here on BGG with a copy for trade, so perhaps you could make a deal with one of them:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewcollections.php3?gameid=982...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
sbszine wrote:
The might be waiting on the big SK-style map bundle to come back from the printers before they ship the SKs.

Nope. The maps for the SK1 reprint and SK3 were printed separately.

The big map bundle will NOT be printed unless it meets its pre-order target... which it hasn't done yet (although it is getting there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Patton
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard from MMP sales today, SK3 is scheduled to be available in January. No word on SK1 from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the folks at MMP if they could add one to my pre-order for starter kit #3. One of the things that they mentioned was that they aren't going to start collating starter kit #1 until they've got number #3 out the door. So I'd guess 2-3 weeks after Starter Kit #3 ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.