1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: crossover between Arkham and Eldritch Horror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no one has made rules for a crossover between Arkham and Eldritch Horror?
Eldritch would be fun to use as expansion of Arkham to travel the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aris da
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how on earth would that even work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kovaltio wrote:
And how long would it take to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
kovaltio wrote:

Every time you have an encounter in Arkham while playing Eldritch Horror, you resolve it by playing a game of Arkham Horror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This idea has been discussed before. Also, every time you go to a building location in Arkham Horror, you play a game of Mansions of Madness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I just failed my Sanity check!

Seriously, though, it might be feasible to introduce Arkham Horror content into Eldritch Horror by means of an expansion with an Arkham or Lovecraft Country (if you wanted to include Dunwich, Kingsport & Innsmouth) side board, similar to what was done for Antarctica in Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Who the hell even cares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pnpfanatic wrote:
Who the hell even cares.

...This is your contribution to a thread started by someone who cares?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
kungfro wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:
Who the hell even cares.

Hey, I've got an idea...let's post this over in the EH forums and say EH fans should buy Arkham and add it as an expansion to their game.

That should go over like a ton of shit bricks.

Tired of the propaganda man, tired of it. Everybody by now knows about EH. Let them keep it over there. This is the Arkham forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
pnpfanatic wrote:
kungfro wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:
Who the hell even cares.

Hey, I've got an idea...let's post this over in the EH forums and say EH fans should buy Arkham and add it as an expansion to their game.

Actually, this exact thread was also posted in the Eldritch Horror forums, where it is being amicably discussed.

crossover between Arkham and Eldritch Horror

People can enjoy both games. Fancy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People please, don't. Just stop it here. You've been caught out before, don't be sucked in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
tumorous wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:
kungfro wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:
Who the hell even cares.

Actually, this exact thread was also posted in the Eldritch Horror forums, where it is being amicably discussed.

crossover between Arkham and Eldritch Horror

People can enjoy both games. Fancy that.

"Amicably" is because they are not talking about Arkham...Elder Sign, MoM, yes...not Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
People please, don't. Just stop it here. You've been caught out before, don't be sucked in.

And MC if you can get my new cyber stalker Matt to stop following me around starting shit in every thread I'm in then maybe it'll cool out. I call out some half wit (NOT Matt) over sales figures and suddenly I have a new shadow.

I've had enough of this shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pnpfanatic wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

And MC if you can get my new cyber stalker Matt to stop following me around starting shit in every thread I'm in then maybe it'll cool out. I call out some half wit (NOT Matt) over sales figures and suddenly I have a new shadow.

Then rise above it and don't get involved in the throwing. Tone it down a bit and you won't elicit such violent opposition. I understand that you are passionate, but you are your own worst enemy in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Then rise above it and don't get involved in the throwing. Tone it down a bit and you won't elicit such violent opposition. I understand that you are passionate, but you are your own worst enemy in this regard.

No my worst enemy is FFG who had to make that shitty money grab to make the numbers look good for a buyout from Asmodee. They get to line their pockets and we get to argue with each other. People who were decent to each other can't even post in the same thread anymore because of that shit. I'm sick of it. I stay out of their corner and they still keep posting EH crap here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Engle
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just think of all the expansions Fantasy Flight could put out

Rome Horror
London Horror
San Francisco Horror
Istanbul Horror
Tokyo Horror
and on, and on, and on ...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I tried. I'm out. Sort it out between yourselves, but it's another - potentially fun - thread down the toilet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
OK, I tried. I'm out. Sort it out between yourselves, but it's another - potentially fun - thread down the toilet.

Sorry man but it's not a fun thread...its got Eldritch Horror in it. It's off topic and out of place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
pnpfanatic wrote:

No my worst enemy is FFG who had to make that shitty money grab to make the numbers look good for a buyout from Asmodee. They get to line their pockets and we get to argue with each other. People who were decent to each other can't even post in the same thread anymore because of that shit. I'm sick of it. I stay out of their corner and they still keep posting EH crap here.

Who is "we". It's "You'. No one else is constantly fighting around here.

You have single handed ruined the Arkham Horror community on BGG. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Mr Skeletor wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:

Who is "we". It's "You'. No one else is constantly fighting around here.

You have single handed ruined the Arkham Horror community on BGG. Well done.

No FFG killed it by creating a game that competed with one of their own games. They pulled a WotC maneuver and started their own version of the edition wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry maybe I've misunderstood. OP wasn't looking to declare which game was better, he was looking to combine the games via house rules... right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
kungfro wrote:
Sorry maybe I've misunderstood. OP wasn't looking to declare which game was better, he was looking to combine the games via house rules... right?

He's promoting buying the Abomination and that can be peddled elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
pnpfanatic wrote:
Fuck off Frank...not a good day for this.

My point writ large.

*edit*: that was his original text prior to editing his post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Keep in mind that there are a lot of people very unhappy with the whole situation who don't post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Mr Skeletor wrote:
pnpfanatic wrote:
Fuck off Frank...not a good day for this.

My point writ large.

*edit*: that was his original text prior to editing his post.

Was it really? Are you trying to start shit Frank? Cause that's a damned fine way to do it.

THIS is exactly what I'm talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.