Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lowell Kempf
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, I tried my first four-player game of Seismic, introducing it to three new players. During the course of the game, there were a couple of things that made the game a little less than fun.

First, we quickly realized that if we built outside the six lines of San Andreas, the Earhquakes would never touch us. Yes, that meant that we ended up shunning the juicey six points that San Andreas offered but most of the Earthquakes successfully avoided hitting anyone's real infrastructure, only hitting the intentional Earthquake bate we built.

Second, and what proved to be a bigger problem, is that we found that with four players, it was possible for someone to never end up with an itnersection in any of their draws. I literally did not have a single intersection in the three tiles I could choose from during the entire game. I had the longest and most Earthquake free stretches but scored no points, even though I tried to loop into other people's intersections, save through the winning player giving me a pity connection.

That seems to be a fairly big problem, that luck of the draw can have that big an impact on your ability to compete in the game.

Has anyone else had problems like this or was this just bad luck an unnaturally enimic Earthquakes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.