Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play solo, can you play with one miniature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you'd have to house rule the game in some fashion, as the spawn cards are designed assuming six survivors. I can't imagine one survivor would stand a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
seriously...I tried doing a solo game with normal rules in S3 with two starting weapons of my choice AND a bullet proof vest (That I house ruled to take 2 wounds) and I still lost. I tried the same thing again with 3 survivors and almost won (but still lost).

I say all of that to say that you should play around and see if you can't come up with a fun way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use only the blue section of the spawn cards maybe?
And/or spawn from the yellow section of the card when your character reaches orange level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To play with only one survivor you'd want to create your own custom scenarios, however, you'd miss the drama/dynamic/fun of survivors working together to solve the their problems. For myself, I've played solo a lot, but have never wanted to play with fewer than four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just have one survivor, you definitely need to reduce the number of spawn zones/dice. It also helps to reduce the number of rooms that spawn at once when you open doors, so either start missions with some of the doors already opened, or put extra doors inside the buildings to better manage when rooms spawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.