Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This also made us realize that on the simpler track the wall in the first turn (or last turn depending on which way you are going), which is only one space long, has absolutely no use in the game.

I'm pretty sure the wall blocks people who want to enter the pit stop lane...

Quote:
It seemed like we were waiting for something remarkable to happen but it was never there. In the end, due to getting lucky cards that allowed me to jump into the leand and keep moving bottle neck to bottle neck, I managed to win. The six of us were so unimpressed by the game though that we decided to skip the other 3 races that the rules suggest and move on to something else. So, as you can tell, I was surprised to find that the game has a 7.1 rating here.

The new version sucks! My advice: get an old copy of AC OR make your own game board based on the older version. The old track is MUCH better. We found that in the new game, when everybody has the appropriate level of play competence (and that will happen), the player who gets to go first AND has a 6 to play wins. Again, the older version does NOT have this. We find playing the old track much more satisfactory. I think it is because the penalty for being blocked is much higher. There is for instance this famous "killer turn" where being blocked means 3 movement points are lost of the 6 spare points you have...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new version doesn't suck.
It is just as good as the old one - you only need to change your tactics since you can no longer be sure to hurt your opponent by forcing into the outer land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It is just as good as the old one - you only need to change your tactics since you can no longer be sure to hurt your opponent by forcing into the outer land.

Which is what makes the old version so much fun. I percieve this game as a real fun-and-interacting game. The new board is NOT that much fun as was the old version.

But hey, that's my opinion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand is it MUCH easier to block chariots from entering the Emperor Lane (on three of the four tracks) which is great fun in itself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
oetan wrote:

I'm pretty sure the wall blocks people who want to enter the pit stop lane...

Im not refering to the "pit stop lane" wall. If you are sitting at the board looking at it so caesar is closest to you, then the wall on the first turn on the right going counter-clockwise has no use. It is only one space long and since you can move diagonally in front of other chariots the wall has no part in blocking anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien M-F
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
The lone wall is kind of a copy of the lone wall that was in the original track. Now, in the original track, the lone wall had the purpose of telling you what space you had to go to to be able to get in the imperial alley. In the new track it serves no purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.