Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

P.6 says "You can play a Location card even if you are not in the front-most Location card."

P. 15 says "To play a new Location card, there must be a Soldier in the front-most Location."

Seems to contradict. I'm guessing that in the first statement the "you" is referring to Player Soldiers only and the second statement is referring to any of the three Soldier types.

Therefore the rule is that there must be at least one Soldier of any type in the front-most Location to play the next Location card.

Is that it?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Finachetto wrote:
Hi guys,

P.6 says "You can play a Location card even if you are not in the front-most Location card."

P. 15 says "To play a new Location card, there must be a Soldier in the front-most Location."

Seems to contradict. I'm guessing that in the first statement the "you" is referring to Player Soldiers only and the second statement is referring to any of the three Soldier types.

Therefore the rule is that there must be at least one Soldier of any type in the front-most Location to play the next Location card.

Is that it?

Thanks.

You got it - a soldier (any soldier - NPS, player, Squad) must be in the front-most location. The first "You" in the P. 6 case is actually referring to "you" as a player controlling a soldier (any kind).

My guess is that this is mostly a game balance feature to prevent players from playing cards with their soldiers well away from the "front line", so that the spawned-in enemy hostiles would be forced to move towards the player-controlled/secured location. If this was permitted the players could make sure was a 0 reinforce location, or one of the various locations which are advantageous for players (such as High Ground), or otherwise be well set up with sniper and ranged weapons to hit the advancing enemy as they moved up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say its contradictory at all.

P.6 says "Youcan play a Location card even if you are not in the front-most Location card."

Emphasis mine. While in a solo (or one player soldier) game it would be impossible for me to play a card without also having someone I control in the front-most location, it would be very possible in a multiplayer game.

The way I see it the game is clarifying, I don't need to be the one "scouting ahead", but someone has to be (for the reasons made clear by Christopher)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.