Subject: How to List MTG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not played MTG for over 10 years (gave up buying before the 5th edition), so planning to get ride of my cards. I want to list them on ebay in lots, ie. Sell in booster sets. I do not want the trobble to sell singles, unless they worth a load of cash.

If anybody purchace cards on ebay, what attracts you to listing?

PS. Please do not contact me off thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stapleton
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it has to include cards I am looking for. Just having random lots of cards are a pass for me. Some people like to play the lotto I would guess though.

So many of those cards don't have much of a value and there are some that have great value so the lotto theory.

TO really become attracted it would have to contain some cool cards that have value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the only way to do it is to sell the good cards individually, and then bulk the commons. That's how I did it.

I sold hundreds of cards to a web site that had a buy list. And sold the most valuable on eBay. And then the bulk lot on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others. Sell the items of value on ebay, sell the bulk as a collection. If you need cash badly, take into a local store and they may give you 50-70% cash value on the value items. EDIT - I see you're in England. You may not have that luxury as I know many local shops in the UK don't deal in singles but instead use https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/ for singles as it would always be lowest price without having to order from the US.

http://mtg.dawnglare.com/?p=legacy

Here is a good price chart for anything worth money in the eyes of the community (in US dollar). You can change the view under "price list" to see newer sets. The prices here are TCGplayer.com mid value, which is commonly respected as the most accurate trade value of a card. Selling on ebay, expect 10-20% lower than this price, unless it's a high dollar item.

Another option is bringing your collection to London for the GP in August. http://gplondon.starcitygames.com/ At least there you'll get best value for cash trade ins, as all vendors there will be competitive and looking to buy collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your advice.

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Started to list my un-used cards first on ebay.

What do you think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/eddie345blue/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alliances has maybe 22 cards that aren't bulk, depending on where you set the cutoff. You have a few of them in this lot as you point out, worth (sorry for using USD) about $16.

For the rest of the cards, you might see online prices of $0.10-0.20 each, but that's because there's a minimum price any person or store is going to charge for the effort to grade, list, sell, and ship a single specific card.

People who want specific MTG cards will pay a price like that. The number of people who want all of the non-bulk you included in the lot, plus all of the bulk at single-card prices, are maybe one or two worldwide. That's about the price you are asking at £0.07 ish per bulk card.

Otherwise, when talking about mixed bulk lots, prices are significantly lower. When I sell bulk cards on eBay, the most I can charge is around $12-13 per thousand cards. I sell them in 4000-card bulk lots and can maybe clear $10 per thousand if I'm lucky.

In other words, while you may get lucky and find that one guy who wants to pay a premium for your cards, you most likely will have no bids whatsoever, because you've priced your cards way over market. Honestly, even if you charge $16 and give away all the bulk, you might not get a bid, because you are still relying on someone wanting to pay single-card rates for all six good cards you're including. If they don't want even one of those cards it wouldn't be worth it, especially as you are charging them shipping for the stuff they don't want.

It looks like I could buy 2x Helm of Obedience and 1x Elvish Spirit Guide, the three cards that make up the majority of the value in your lot, on magiccardmarket.eu for 17.29 Euros, or £12.10. How can you entice someone who might not want even those three cards to buy them from you? I'd suggest listing the lot, all 194 cards, at maybe £9.99. You might have to give a deal on shipping too. Good luck.

Edit: wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I have already put in hours sorting the cards out.

Have anyone through framing the cards up, like the old cigarette cards.
The common ones might be worth more like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a go at listing some rare singles today.

There is already alot of intrest in the Underground Sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.