Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of the new Snow White stretch goal mini. It's always good to see another female mini with decent armour. However the character and the movie she came from struck me as being not especially memorable. Most of the stretch goal characters so far have been male. What female pop culture characters can you think of that could be used in BP?

Off the top of my head, there are:
Red Sonja (the Brigitte Nielsen movie version)
The Grace Jones character from Conan the Destroyer (yes, her clothing consisted mostly of a racoon tail, but a decent sculptor could render the character without making it overly sexualised - after all Jones had a notoriously flat and androgynous build).
Sorsha from Willow.

All eighties movies, I know.

What others can you think of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milla Jovovich as Joan of Arc from the messanger
Maise Williams as Arya Stark from Game of Thrones
Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell in Hook
San from Princess Mononoke.

Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mother from Beowulf (as a necromancer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this stage, I doubt we'd be getting many new franchises. Perhaps they have a Gabrielle or Callisto parody to give Xuxa a friend/frenemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
At this stage, I doubt we'd be getting many new franchises. Perhaps they have a Gabrielle or Callisto parody to give Xuxa a friend/frenemy.

There's always the inevitable Black Plague season 2 next year or the year after, assuming GG and CMON don't suddenly decide that they no longer like making money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorcha from Willow would be great. I really hope late stretches here or maybe next season will get some Willow love. The titular character, Madmartigan, and Gen. Kael would all make great survivor minis. Bavmorda would make a perfect necro as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Willow opens the door for halflings.

And Ewoks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about they just recreate all the characters from The Big Bang theory in garb suitable to the time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Queen Medea was supposed to be Queen Cersei? And now the latest SG would be Brienne of Tarth? I for one like those two new additions to even out the gender ratio.

Lara Croft would be nice to see, agree with San from Princess Mononoke. Buffe the Zombie Slayer would be nice too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomasgudm wrote:
I thought Queen Medea was supposed to be Queen Cersei? And now the latest SG would be Brienne of Tarth? I for one like those two new additions to even out the gender ratio.

They're the Queen and Snow White from Snow White and the Huntsman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, haven't seen that movie.

Would love to see Queen Cersei and Brienne of Tarth then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
tomasgudm wrote:

Medea's a reference to Cersei and the queen from Snow White. The name and the bio are both clear references to Cersei and the haughty blonde look works for both of them.

"Lady Grimm" may carry a reference to Brienne. She's certainly close enough if you just want a Brienne-like figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonSes wrote:
Red Sonja (the Brigitte Nielsen movie version)

Nnnooooo!

How about the original version, Robert E Howard's Red Sonja of Rogatine? Or is that too obscure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maleficent would be an awesome female necromancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
How about the original version, Robert E Howard's Red Sonja of Rogatine? Or is that too obscure?

I like the way you think, but I think we can expect all character references to maintain the Zombicide formula of being based on actors moreso than characters.

I suspect this is a legal issue. Public figures are fair game for parody, but copyrighted characters are not necessarily. So if they say Xuxa is a parody of Lucy Lawless (rather than Xena), they're cool. But if they make a direct parody of a character owned by the estate of Robert E. Howard, they could be vulnerable to legal action.

Not that I'm a lawyer, but I've definitely heard the thing about public personalities being fair game many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Double thumbs up for Willow characters. Madmardigan, General Kael, Bavmorda, and Sorsha, would all be winners in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonSes wrote:
Clipper wrote:
tomasgudm wrote:

Medea's a reference to Cersei and the queen from Snow White. The name and the bio are both clear references to Cersei and the haughty blonde look works for both of them.

How is this even a debate? I'll grant that Medea is the niece of Circe in Greek mythology, and the bio uses a cheating husband a la Cersei Lannister, but....

Even the jewelry is the same.

As to the OT: Red Sonja, Arya Stark, Valeria (Conan the Barbarian), Lili (Legend), Arwen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Maleficent would be an awesome female necromancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Wolfe
United States
living in Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Willow opens the door for halflings.

It also has at least three amazing characters in Fin Razel, Bavmorda, and Sorscha. Bavmorda could be a Necromancer even.

Also, aside from Willow, the following would be great ideas:
Michelle Pfeiffer's character from LadyHawk.
San from Princess Mononoke.
Astrid and Ruffnut from the How to Train Your Dragon movies.
Lamia and her sisters from Stardust would also make great necromancers, though Lamia is Michelle Pfeiffer again. (Though honestly, would anyone complain?)
Buttercup from The Princess Bride, because why not?
Kira, from the Dark Crystal. No reason to not have a gelfling. Not sure if Augra would be a good choice. Perhaps as a Dwarf necromancer? She's not evil but she sure looks it.
Balsa from Moribito.
Yu Shu Lien, Jen Yu, and Jade Fox from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would all be pretty awesome.

This is just off the top of my head given time I could fit a lot more characters onto the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.