Axis & Allies: Battle of the Bulge» Forums » General

Subject: First play and a thought. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
I had my first play yesterday and enjoyed it very much.
Just the right level of detail for me w.o. the need to consult the rulebook every time you make a move.

But it seems to me that supply shortage is no issue for either side. The Ally-Player had much more supply tokens stored offboard as he used for his troops and even the Germans had more than enough supply. The only problem was to get them to the right Hex once some of the trucks were wasted.

And it is kind of odd that you need to pay 1 supply for one troop as well 12 troops.

Just my thought after one game, perhaps this would have been more of a problem for the Germans if the allied bombers had attacked the supplies instead of the german troops.

But after all i like this game. For me D-Day and Battle of the Bulge are the best of the games in the A§A line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiuso wrote:
But it seems to me that supply shortage is no issue for either side. The Ally-Player had much more supply tokens stored offboard as he used for his troops and even the Germans had more than enough supply. The only problem was to get them to the right Hex once some of the trucks were wasted.

I agree with you. The supply token rules are a great idea, but they hardly seemed to cause any stress on the German advance, and the Wallies have so many tokens and trucks that it wasn't an issue for them either. Still, I've only played once and there may be some dirty tricks I've yet to learn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, the Allied airforce can wreak havoc on German supplies later if the Germans aren't careful. Heck, sometimes even if they are careful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.