Subject: My God rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
My God, this game looks FANTASTIC. I recieved this baby as a secret santa gift, and after going through it and reading the rules I can't believe I overlooked this game for so long! Somehow, though I've seen it on BGG and even at a friend's house, I wasn't interested to learn about it. . . something about it just didn't pique me.

Now that I've actually spent five minutes with it, I'm utterly enamoured! I can't wait to give it a play!

I don't know what to think of the exansions, but the base game looks bat-shit crazy good!

Wahoo!

Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - it's okay, I s'pose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And playing it is even better than just looking at it El Grande is one of my top games for almost 10 years. I hope your copy gets more table time than mine :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
der_mandarin wrote:
And playing it is even better than just looking at it El Grande is one of my top games for almost 10 years. I hope your copy gets more table time than mine :-/

This game is one of my favorites too, you are gonna love it. I too dont get much of an opportunity to play it though. The base game is awesome, I have only played the expansions once. The tides shift in this game so fast, it's great. Great Secret Santa gift...Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy, Kris, enjoy.
Make sure your first playing has at least four players, though--wouldn't want the magic to die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do! With any luck, I'll play it before the week is out. The next stop: El Grande on the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
This became one of my top 10 the first time I played it. I love this game.

But, I don't know if I'll like the expansions either. So, for now we are having fun playing the base game and I don't see getting bored of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Mildred
United States
Davenport
Iowa
flag msg tools
I played this for the first time last week! It is a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It IS fantastic! And for all the times we've played it I've never once wanted to explore the expansions (I take this as being a VERY GOOD thing). Great gift!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The King and Intriguer expansion is a must, IMHO. In some ways, it's more straightforward than the base game. I've taught many people to play EG using K&I. But I've never had any urge to use the other expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris,

same exact boat!

i always saw this game on the geek but it just never drew me in.

i recently read some info on it and it seemed like it might be for me. luckily i too had a very generous SS and i ended up receiving it yesterEvening.

it's so well produced, even the box is nice, that two sided color player-aid is killer, i'm totally stoaked for this game.

i guess based on some of the other posts, this game doesnt work with with only 2 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Played my first game last night and greatly enjoyed it. Went much shorter than the estimated 2 hours in the rules, and the game was extremely close until the eighth round. I held a slim lead by being second biggest in many regions, until the "score only the first places" card came up. Then I got crushed.

Only ran into one hitch -- they told me there was a "round marker" included, but all of mine are square. Any insight?

Yes, that's a joke.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
If ye see the laird, tell him this makes the twelve hunner and nineteen time that Jennet Clouston has called down the curse on him and his house, byre and stable, man, guest, and master, wife, miss, or bairn—black be their fall! -RLStevenson
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite Euro, and has been for ten years. Hasn't been dislodged yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was played last night. . . and there was zero dissapointment! It ruled the school! My head a splode!

Will post a pic or two soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Oh, sorry... I saw the subject line of this thread and thought someone needed me. Please go about your business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
My head a splode!

Naturally there would be problems with bad translations.

Your exists are North, South and Dennis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.