Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Chambers
Canada
Alliston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I'll bite. What's with the pyramid blocks I'm seeing in some of the game pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
They're from an Icehouse set, and it looks like they're being used as turn markers. Any spare block or a coin would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also use them for marking hex control in situations where we're not sure we'll be able to remember who was where last (like in the one below, where you can see both black & red markers). In our most recent game (Saturday night!) we were using little flattened glass beads for this, and I liked those better, as they were less distracting. (When you see a mix of black blocks & pyramids, it's easy to think you've got a lot more force on the map than you actually do.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a picture using beads etc. as markers. (We generally only put out the railhead markers during supply checks, and then pick them up again afterwards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.