11 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: Total number of cards (including KS extras)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Rey
msg tools
Hey
I couldn't find any info about total number of cards in Mistfall (including KS extras). I just need it to get proper amount of sleeves.
Does anybody know how much are needed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
A little under 500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter comments page:
Quote:

Standard CCG size (like for MtG, any Living Card Games etc.). There are 385 base game cards, plus 55 Kickstarter Limited cards, plus 55 Valskyrr cards (if you ordered the expansion). So, a total of 440 (without Valskyrr) or 495 (with Valskyrr).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone with enough insight to break all the cards down into categories?
Red deck, blue deck etc. I am of a mind to colorcode all the different decks, but i dont really know wich of the kickstarter exclusives and Valskyrr addon cards are going into wich deck. Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Red deck, blue deck etc. I am of a mind to colorcode all the different decks, but i dont really know wich of the kickstarter exclusives and Valskyrr addon cards are going into wich deck. Thx

First of all, as luck would have it, each deck will have a different back, making it easy to distinguish through a clear sleeve

Now, if you want opaque sleeves, you'll run out of options, since each hero has their own deck, too. Additionally, some cards will be added to other decks during game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:

Let me take a stab at it. But first:

GalaGalaxia wrote:
First of all, as luck would have it, each deck will have a different back, making it easy to distinguish through a clear sleeve

Correct! And you'll probably want a few fully transparent sleeves, as the game comes with 12 double-sided cards (16 with Kickstarter Limited stuff, extra 6 double-sided cards come with the Valskyrr Expansion).

GalaGalaxia wrote:
Now, if you want opaque sleeves, you'll run out of options, since each hero has their own deck, too.

Yes, but since there is also a deck of universal rewards, all Hero Cards and all Rewards share a single back.

Now, let's get to the stabbing. Here's the list of all backs (plus KS limited, plus Valskyrr expansion in brackets):

- 236 Hero and Reward cards (+20 Valskyrr).
- 34 Blue Enemies (+6 KS Limited, +6 Valskyrr*)
- 34 Green Enemies (+6 KS Limited, +6 Valskyrr*)
- 34 Red Enemies (+6 KS Limited, +6 Valskyrr*)
- 18 Regular Encounter Cards (+18 KS Limited)
- 4 Special Encounter Cards** (+2 KS Limited, +3 Valskyrr*)
- 13 Time Cards (+13 KS Limited*)
- 11 Setting Cards (these cards appear ONLY in the Valskyrr expansion)

* - when these cards enter the game, an equal number of cards of the same type leaves the game, so you can conceivably have no extra sleeves for them, and just "de-sleeve" the cards leaving the game to sleeve the cards that are entering it (it's a hassle, but you could do that).

** - Special Encounters are never mixed in with Regular Encounters. It's good to have different backs for them.

Phew! That (plus the double-sided card paragraph above) should be all. If you want my advice, just go with clear sleeves. That's what I'm doing, and at this point I'm probably still the person who's played Mistfall more than anyone else on BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered transparent sleeves a week ago and I'm looking forward to the hours long sleeving action

Thanks for this great list, I think its the first time we hear about the detailed content of the expansion (we only knew the total number of cards and which cardtypes to expect)

irondeav wrote:
I'm probably still the person who's played Mistfall more than anyone else on BGG

Did you count your plays? How many days and nights do we have to spend playing after the delivery to challenge this number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone said what size sleeves to get? I usually buy the FFG gray (clear) sleeves as they are just super high quality. So are the cards in this game considered Standard size? 63.5x88mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are Magic the Gathering size, so FFG Gray should do..

I use Swan Panasia thick. 64mm x 90 mm is very very tight, 65mm x 90mm is a little loose on the width.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.