Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're just starting to play Dune (stumbling around in the dark in actual fact) and one thing that came up is if you have an alliance of players and need all 5 strongholds plus the Shield wall to win, does Nuking it with the Family Atomics mean you still need to claim the smoking nuclear hole to win??

CHRIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that there's a definite answer, and you'll have to make your own ruling with the help of your group, but I would venture out and say that yes, you still need to claim the nuked shield wall to win. It's still a territory regardless of it's nuked status, and thus you can still have armies occupying it - so I don't see why it would no longer need to be occupied to win in an alliance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At last a brave voice in the wilderness!

Its all part of the Dune miasma that's the Rules. There are many questions and contradictions and house rules but it is nice to have something that you can play to.

I also agree that althought the Shield Wall may be a bit flatter it still counts as a strategic Territory.

I have also considered (as others suggest)limiting Alliances to 3 Factions so reducing the Strongholds needed to 5, rather than 5 and the Shield wall with Alliances of 4 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.