Popular Tags: [View All]
Art DeFilippo
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For our last mission before the nights are too bright, we're going after Berlin's industrial areas. The weather should be clear, and the moon isn't setting until just after midnight, so keep your eyes peeled, particularly on the outbound leg. Target indicators are RED. Good luck!

Target: Industry at Berlin
Date: 05/06 OCT 43

Target Weather: Good
Base Weather: Good

Flak over Target: Medium

Luck was with us on this mission, we only saw two Jerry fighters.
A Me110 had a go at us over the Netherlands coming at us from below. His aim was poor and we managed to give him the slip. Later as we approached the target, we encountered an Me109. He came at us from the front and failed to hit us and then was gone. Just before bomb release we were hit by some flak in the port wing and tail. The hits did not effect Flight Officer Gardner at all. He dropped over 50% of our bombs directly on the red target indicators. The remainder of our trip home was uneventful. Jolly good luck this time.

Flight Officer Art DeFilippo
314 Squadron
Family Business

Enemy Aircraft Claimed: None
Damage: Tailplane Port Root hit, Port Wing Root hit
Damage Points: 50

Web Site
http://314sqdn.home.comcast.net/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
314 Squadron AAR - Mission 11 - Fire Fly II
Fire Fly II Avro Lancaster [JI281]

Berlin, Germany – Government

Mission Description:
05th/06th October, 1943

We had another light mission. We have to make sure we don’t get complacement in our vigilance on spotting fighters. Tonight there was only four Me110’s. And only one of those made any type of an attack. Two just plan out missed us and the one that found us over the target area almost rammed into us. This must’ve spooked him as he just rolled over and made for earth. It made us wondered if he had hit our plane and we just didn’t realize it, made landing a bit of a pot-luck affair. But as it turned out we were just fine. The only fighter that did any damage picked us up at the midway point on our return. Approaching us from six o’clock low he managed to take out our rafts, and nicked our rear stabilizer twice.

SUMMERY;
Claims:
2x Me110 Airmen R.St.Auguston

Crew Status:
Master Sergeant Robert Coy, light wound to the right Foot.

Replacement:
None

Respectfully,
Flight Officer Edmund McAllister
314th Squadron R.A.F. – (Fire-Fly II [JI281])

Please join us at:
http://314sqdn.home.comcast.net/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris reichl

Appleton
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, how different are the missions with the Lancaster variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
CJstratgamer wrote:
Jim, how different are the missions with the Lancaster variant?

Chris,

Some of the differences are;

1) These missions are night missions so you will need to roll to sight your targets.
2) There is no friendly fighter cover.
3) You don’t have to stay in formation because the RAF flew in what was called a “Bomber Stream”
4) You will only roll for the GAF to appear not for how many German fighters. Only Me110 Tame Boars and Me109 Wild Boars and you only see one per zone till the target. But the fighter WILL make three attacks. In the target Zone you can see one of each.
5) There are only 13 targets and there are no modifiers per Zone.
6) The Lancaster only has three gun stations. This is most disturbing to me after playing with nine gun stations for so long.
7) There are changes made to some charts; G-3[L], G-11 [L], B-2 [L], B-5 [L], Bl-1 [L], O-1 [L], P-1 [L], P-2 [L], P-3 [L], P-5 [L] and P-6 [L].
These charts are all modified for the Lancaster or the night fighters of the GAF.

Well this is a rough out line of the Lancaster version of B-17:QotS. I hope this is what you were looking for. I have not played it on the board yet as I use an Emulator I got from one of the online campaigns I play. I do plane to play the board version on my next A/C when the need arises.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Jim P cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.