badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally finished!

There's just enough room for the rules, faction sheets, turn maker, and a trimmed original insert:

The next layer down has two removable trays. One contains the map tiles (managed to get this perfectly flush), warp storms (hiding in that small slot), materiel dials, round token, and first player token. The other contains all of the faction cards:

Here we see the next layer down, which is also two removable trays. One contains the dice and buildings, while the other contains all the various cardboard bits:

In the very bottom are four removable trays containing each faction's miniatures:

And finally, a shot with everything out at once:

I'm really hoping this helps to speed up setup and teardown, which will help get this bad boy to the table more often. Thanks for viewing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful work!

I might have to pinch some of those ideas if I make a custom insert. I'm looking down the storage box route at the moment though.

Thanks for posting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when are you going to post the plans? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already borrowed the pic's to use as reference when my copy arrives next week

heretic_dave wrote:
So when are you going to post the plans? :whistle: ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heretic_dave wrote:
So when are you going to post the plans? whistle

I really just kind of winged it on this one. I started with making a few 286mm x 286mm bases and used those to sort of stage where I wanted things to go. I knew that I wanted each player to be able to have their own minis tray, so each of those have a 143mm x 143mm base. I based the height of those off the tallest mini, which is the large Chaos ship. I knew I wanted all the cardboard bits and buildings to be in removable trays, and I didn't want them flying around, so I put them as the middle layer. Those are each 286mm by 143mm, with the height based off the city minis. Then the top trays are 286mm x ...whatever the width of the map tiles is + 10mm, and the card trays are 286mm x whatever was left over. Like I said, I would really recommend cutting out the overall size of the box and then arrange things how you like, and then from there it's just a matter of making your cuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zach M was complete inspiration for the design I came up with, I made a few tweaks based on the pics that he posted but the main idea I give all credit to Zach

1st I created a frame for the base tile, I've seem other designs where large tiles do not have a bottom just a frame so I started with that

I then created the two inserts one long and the other fitted in the additional space I had to adjust the height to accommodate a bottoms as the the large frame didn't have a bottom.

From Zacks original design I thought I would shrink down the containers for the miniatures, I was able to create 6 equal size containers that fit on top the the first level. In the lower level I provided a spacer for the large map pieces to create a more even surface for the second level

You can also see the white lids to the mini containers I add each factions bits in

It wasn't necessary for a third level I reserved that for possible future expansions. I did add a cover and corner spacers to keep it flush and everything secure, the rule books and other paper pieces fit in between the spacers.

The extra space provided an additional 1 1/2" for other possibilities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dig it! Good call on leaving extra space for expansions. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.