Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an episode of Board Games with Scott, I did a 28-minute video exploration and review of BattleLore. I was really impressed with this game.

You can enjoy this video at
http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=54

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what I'll be doing with my son today. He's been carrying around that Primer for a couple of weeks now.

Thanks, Scott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Great Video Review. Congratulations Scott.
I was waiting for this one, because really wanted to see how does this game works. Now it's a must-buy.
Merry Christmas Scott and thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My resolve to only play Commands and Colors: Ancients is weakening...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim W
United States
wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review. Initially I was going to skip on this game because of spousel pressure...but because of such a great review Scott may have talked me into this game. Hope there is a lot of players up the the Pacific Northwest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdw1710 wrote:
Great review. Initially I was going to skip on this game because of spousel pressure...but because of such a great review Scott may have talked me into this game. Hope there is a lot of players up the the Pacific Northwest.

If you're in/near the Seattle area, drop me a line. I'm trying to form a monthly Battlelore group at Metro Seattle Gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Talbert
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am another Seattle area guy who would like to play. If either one of you are interested in playing send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sorry about the death of your cats - I was crying over it. I always loved the cat part of the Big Idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, I wanted to thank you for a great video primer on this game. I watched during lunch today and while I have never seen your video reviews, I am now a fan. Thanks so much for your time and effort on this. I was educated on the game and entertained.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised by the size of the dolls. The macro feature on point and shoot cameras has destroyed my sense of scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little upset that Scott found joy in the fact that DOW punched the counters. Personally I LOVE punching counters...it's so exciting!

Ahh well the only mar in a fine fine review...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's OK to play with dolls!

While I loved the game, I was kinda shocked that you enjoyed it as much as I did. And while I tend to be the "appearance snob" in regards to board games I hope you continue to show a wide variety of games, not just the fancy shmancy games like this one. Though I have to admit, I really did like this game, I will have to score a copy in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aethyr
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Scott, great review, and a great introduction for players who haven't played a C&C game before (such as myself). Watching this is making me more excited about receiving my order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For BL fans in the Seattle area, Phoenix Games in Lynnwood is doing a BL demo day this Saturday. The owner still has a few Hill Giant promos for anyone who buys a BL set and on top of that, everyone who participates in the event will get a free Earth Elemental mini!

I'll be there as well as fellow BGGer Gamethyme.

HEre's a link: http://www.daysofwonder.com/index.php?t=event&sub=details&id...

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi Scott
Thanks for all your effort... It was Great!

Richard Borg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.