Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this game up a couple weeks ago. Oh well.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/battlecon_devast...

CoolStuff - $50.99
Amazon - $59.50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I JUST bought mine last week too. Oh well, it's worth full MSRP and if the deal gets more players, I'm happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad I added this to my War of Indines Kickstarter pledge. That means I get to pay full MSRP and I get it months after it was reprinted and made deal of the day on Cool Stuff Inc for 40% off! AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ultraconsumer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I don't Kickstart games. You'll likely pay more, wait longer, and in many cases get "exclusive" things that will be also be sold to the general public later on.

But at least you're supporting the designers, I guess?

I pre-ordered (and received) DoI from CSI more than 18 months ago for $49.99. It's surprising that the price hasn't really dropped at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamerluke wrote:
This is why I don't Kickstart games. You'll likely pay more, wait longer, and in many cases get "exclusive" things that will be also be sold to the general public later on.

But at least you're supporting the designers, I guess?

In theory supporting the designers is the point. People looking for a deal on KS and not getting it are generally looking in the wrong place or not being discriminating enough in their choice of projects to back.

Quote:
I pre-ordered (and received) DoI from CSI more than 18 months ago for $49.99. It's surprising that the price hasn't really dropped at all.

Since then it's sold out and been reprinted. The 1st printing was available for $40 on sale at one point, but due to scarcity and reprint the price hasn't dropped as one would expect for a game continuously available over the same time period.

$42.99 is a good deal. Personally I'll wait for it to drop lower as it's not a high priority title, but for those really wanting it now might be a good time to get it. CardHaus's normal price is $48.99 FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HotdogZanzibar wrote:
I JUST bought mine last week too. Oh well, it's worth full MSRP and if the deal gets more players, I'm happy!

I took a chance on it after hearing so many good things about it.

I'm surprised that it's become one of my favorite games, considering a) I prefer Euros (Agricola being my favorite), and b) I was never really into fighting games (I played a bit of various Street Fighters and Tekkens over the years, but they were never really my thing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Solid game. Everyone I've played with has really enjoyed it, even people I didn't think would like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also bought it a month ago, super love this title and wouldn't mind paying actual MSRP considering how much variability the game offers. Consider the PnP if you've got time to check it out, but this price isn't bad for launching headfirst into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.