Subject: Ranged rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, simple question here, but I couldn't find the answer (or rather, anything that forbids it)...

Active player is engaged with an enemy.
Second player has a character with Ranged.

Can the active player declare an attack (WITHOUT declaring any attackers), for the sole purpose of having the Ranged character "participate" (he's kinda attacking alone, hence the "")?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The core set rules page 20 says "In order to declare an attack, a player must exhaust at least 1 ready character". So no, this wouldn't work. But the ranged character could still attack when it's their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but the second player can declare an attack with his ranged character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. From the rulebook:

Rulebook, p 20 wrote:
In order to declare an attack, a player must exhaust at least 1 ready character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you need to exhaust someone, even someone with 0 attack....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Are you trying to achieve?
Player 1 is engaged maybe be he blocked but has not one left to attack back..

Player 2 has a free ranged character. So that can attack .. Weather or not player 1 attacked ? Right ?

It doesn't need to paticipate. It just attacks.. 2 free ranged characters of player 2 could combine. Too I think..

Is there some zero attack.. Bounus you aiming for ?

Think I'm notorious for getting things wrong.. Or doing a wheeton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An example would be if there were 2 enemies engaged with player 1 and player 2 had Brand. If Brand were able to attack during player 1's attacks, he could ready one of player 1's heroes and allow them to attack. But unfortunately without anyone on player 1 to declare the attack, player 2 can't declare Brand as an attacker until it is their turn for attacks. So if Brand readies one of player 1's heroes at that point it is too late for them to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just a situation we had in the last game, where it would have been handy, because we had the option to ready all heroes in play and could have used the ranged hero to attack one more time there.

Didn't find the above-quoted part, when I checked the rulebook (only really looked at the numbered steps there, I guess, which is a lot more vague).

Thank you!

It seemed like it makes sense to work that way to us, and that is also how we played it... just wanted to make sure how it is right.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.