6 Posts

Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » Variants

Subject: North Africa Combined scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Svante Sandblom
Sweden
flag msg tools
In the USE playbook, there are two scenarios that takes place in Africa. I was wondering wether you could connect them somehow to have a full Africa and possibly even invasion of Italy campaign, it would be a good big axis/western scenario, right now all the big 2 player scenarios are Soviet vs Gremany.

I think i'll work on this myself, but if someone already have made this i'd be very grateful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have anything done to connect the two scenarios, nor do I know of someone that is working on it. Feel free to do so. It should be interesting.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Márquez Linares
Spain
Granada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a combination of scenarios 3.4 (Balkans 1941) and 3.5 (Mediterranean 1940-1942) and it was very interesting. By the way, the Axis won that one, thanks to a devastating strategic warfare campaign and the untimely deployment of Force H to Malta, where it endured constant attacks by the Reggia Aeronautica that attritted it to a point where the UK simply did not have the resources to build it back. The removal of the British motorised unit from the Med theater works rather well with its deployment in the Balkans campaign. Of course, an alternative might be to give the British the option not to remove the army, and see how that would affect both campaigns. I guess it would not be too difficult to tie all that to the North African Scenario, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svante Sandblom
Sweden
flag msg tools
That is very Good Idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svante Sandblom
Sweden
flag msg tools
But there has to be a reason as to why the british should want to defend yugoslavia and greece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Svante Sandblom
Sweden
flag msg tools
My thought was to play until september 1943 with the victory condition that the allies win if Italy is conquered and there are no axis units in North Africa and the mediteranean Islands. The axis win if the allies does not win or if the axis controls the Cairo and Alexandria hex in the victory check Phase.

All of Italy and North Africa should be availible, but the Allies will not be able to declare war until July 1941. The germans will have the Balkan force avalible until they have conquered both Yugoslavia and Greece, but this force cannot leave the Balkans.

I think that using the original campaign force pools is a good thing, But i want to replace the exact entry of the german 5 PZ for a variable one: if greece and yugoslavia is conquered by may 1941 it is the same, but for every extra turn that they survive, it will take one turn more for it to arrive (this happens because of that the germans needs it on the eastern front to help since the units participating in the Balkan offensive couldn't help out in russia). For every turn earlier than may 1941 it will take one month less before it arrives. This would give the british player a reason to help the greeks and yugoslavs.

I think that the scenario is too long to use simplified naval and economic rules, so the FNA campaign will have to be adapted a bit (adding convoys and suprise attacks for example) and i don't really know how to balance the Italian campaign, but i think that this is an okay prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.