Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it has some interesting chit pull mechanics, does this lend itself to some fun solo play? Also on a level 1 - 10 , with 10 being crazy complicated what would you rate it. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
It plays solo pretty well. The chit pull system is a two part system where you pull the divisional leaders from a cup and the divisional leader then rolls to see if a brigade is activated. This means that not all brigades move each turn in addition to the order being random as in most chit pull games.

6 or 7 on your complexity scale. Made more manageable by small map and lower counter density.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing different solo is you know what both sides are holding as far as event chits. These are somewhat superficial in that when you play solo, all your attention is on the actual fighting. Other than that, the chit draw keeps the game play unpredictable so that it is perfectly fine solo. As long as you play both sides even as in all games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Altemose
United States
Galveston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a complicated game, the rules are very clear, there are relatively few counters, and counter density is low. On the other hand, there are some game concepts that take getting used to. I'd rate it 4 on complexity.

The chit-pull system and the lack of hidden knowledge (other than event chits) make this an excellent game solo. I'd rate it an 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all, I am now in trouble with the wife as I will be buying the game, lol. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Barber
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sometimes it's better to beg forgiveness than permission......sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elcarto wrote:
Sometimes it's better to beg forgiveness than permission......sauron

I may hold you to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.