3 Posts

Great War at Sea: The Mediterranean» Forums » Rules

Subject: exiting the map / raiding fleets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Menyhert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Q1: Suppose that during the tactical combat one part of your fleet exites the map in southeasterly direction and another part in northeasterly direction. After that the two fleet parts are two hexes from each other (on the strategic map). How do you combine the two fleet parts? or did they become separated?

Q2: In 5.2 Missions the following is said about raiding fleets: "... a player may assign a raiding mission to no more than one fleet, which must include a leader and may contain no more than two ships (not counters). Limited to warships and colliers."

If I read it correct only two ships are allowed in a raiding fleet?

5.24 says that you may divide a fleet during the Orders phase, including fleets with Raid missions.
How is that possible with a raiding fleet? In 5.2 it is said that only one raiding fleet is permitted. And if you divide a raiding fleet, both fleets only have one ship.... And what about the leader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules fresh in my mind now, but maybe is necessary "break" the rules:

For the first question you must create a new fleet in the new box of the strategic map, with the same mission or abort, and try to conform with the ploting of the original fleet.

For the exiting raiding fleet usually i assign the leader at one ship. This ship is the new raiding fleet for your question. The other ship must form a new fleet and abort.

All this are only ideas, NOT rules.

And remeber always if you have some doubt about the rules: "Engange the Enemy more closely"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
Frohes neues Jahr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Miquel is pretty much on target:

mesocyclone70 wrote:
Q1: How do you combine the two fleet parts? or did they become separated?

They will become two separate fleets, in different sea zones. Assign a new fleet marker to one of them. If out of fleet markers, give one of them a temporary one and assign it an abort mission.

mesocyclone70 wrote:
Q2: In 5.2 Missions the following is said about raiding fleets: "... a player may assign a raiding mission to no more than one fleet, which must include a leader and may contain no more than two ships (not counters). Limited to warships and colliers."

If I read it correct only two ships are allowed in a raiding fleet?

5.24 says that you may divide a fleet during the Orders phase, including fleets with Raid missions.
How is that possible with a raiding fleet? In 5.2 it is said that only one raiding fleet is permitted. And if you divide a raiding fleet, both fleets only have one ship.... And what about the leader?

The default for Raiding fleets is per 5.2: no more than one fleet, with a leader, and at most two ships. Unless the special rules in a scenario say otherwise (more than one Raiding fleet, don't need leaders in Raiding fleets, can have more than two ships in a Raiding fleet), you must abide by the 5.2 restrictions.

So if you have to divide a Raiding fleet due to separation per Q1, give the one without the leader an abort mission.

-Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.