Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sami Hangaslammi
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players: Sami, Minttu

Cave Troll was one of the games that arrived in the big order couple of days ago, so this was the first time either of us played the game.

I had already punched out the cardboard tokens and read the rules the day before, so I explained the rules to Minttu and we decided that I play the first round.

The game got off to a pretty quirky start. I drew an adventurer token on my first turn, but Minttu drew the cave troll right away. She opted to block a 4-point room near my adventurer.

Minttu had better luck after that, she drew a knight pretty early in the game and secured a 5-point room. I found the Sword of Slaying, which was put to good use after Minttu drew and orc and started eating my adventurers.

When the first scoring token came up, Minttu had the most high scoring rooms (including a dwarf enhanced 10-point room!), while I had the most adventurers and thus controlled the majority of 2-3 point rooms and one treasure chest. Surprisingly, we were evenly matched at 23 points both.

The late game went pretty quickly. I managed to lure Minttu's knight out with an orc and secured the 5-point room for myself. My cave troll was used to smash the 10-point room and I got my thief into play just in time to snatch another high scoring room. I ended the game by drawing my long awaited knight token as the last one and collecting the 3 point bonus.

Final scores:
Sami 51
Minttu 42

Luck with the token draws seems to be a really big factor, but it was fun nevertheless. I think the luck factor will even out a bit when there are more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.