Subject: Indiana's RFRA law put to good use rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ACLU is suing because Indiana's law requires that registered sex offenders not attend any church services in a building that might otherwise be a school or preschool ( even when the school is not in session ). To do so would be a felony offense.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/02/lawsuit-cites-indiana-n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"If you have any hope of rehabilitation, religion works for some people. Telling them they can't go to church doesn't make much sense"

Amen to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That reminds me, how's our BUDdies at the Church of Cannabis doing?

Not real well. They had their first service, which was smoke free:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0701/Holy-smoke...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/02/us/a-church-of-cannabis-te...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I commend the cannabis guy for thinking straight. Rather than light up and be arrested that day, he stated that he wanted to get his day in civil court. I think he has a much better chance of winning his case if he does it in a more non-confrontational manner. He seems to be doing it the right way.

Gotta love the comments from one of the protesters about the cannabis church. "It's an affront to Christians. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Gotta love the comments from one of the protesters about the cannabis church. "It's an affront to Christians. "

Yeah, what is that all about? There are many, many churches that aren't Christian, so what specifically about this one is bad?

I read previously that they got tax exempt status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
jonb wrote:

Yeah, what is that all about? There are many, many churches that aren't Christian, so what specifically about this one is bad?

"Church".. "Church". It's really one of those strange words you can say too many times and it doesn't sound like a word anymore... "Church"...

Anyway, if I had to guess, I'd think the affront comes from someone making any sort of 'church' that really isn't a church at all. It's a sham akin to just sticking 'i' in front of something to legitimize it (i.e. 'iPoop', 'iBooger', etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict this ends up in front of the High Court. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
jmilum wrote:
jonb wrote:

"Church".. "Church". It's really one of those strange words you can say too many times and it doesn't sound like a word anymore... "Church"...

Anyway, if I had to guess, I'd think the affront comes from someone making any sort of 'church' that really isn't a church at all. It's a sham akin to just sticking 'i' in front of something to legitimize it (i.e. 'iPoop', 'iBooger', etc.).

I can't resist: "ichurch".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.