Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently just ordered this game. I saw that in Dec 2014 they talked about finalizing the revised rules and playbook. They were going to add the graphics. Since then its gone silent on this. Any updates? Also is the old playbook still valid? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone did an unofficial rework. I'd love an official updated rulebook with graphics, etc. as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the "unofficial rework" is the outline that I did of the original rules. I'm actually going to get this on the table today and if I've got time, feel like I've gotten the rules correct, and think they need the outline, then I'll try updating that for the revised rules. The first version suffered fairly badly from organization issues that made it difficult to find the relevant rule, particularly when corrections or errata were issued and if the new version flow better, then an outline might be redundant.

As to further changes, the designer is active here and can fill you in. I suspect that there hasn't been much activity because there haven't been many rules questions that came up after the revision was released. I'd be sort of surprised if they went back and added graphics unless the game will see a second printing, myself. That's a decent amount of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
Someone did an unofficial rework. I'd love an official updated rulebook with graphics, etc. as well.

I believe Wade Hyett did it with the blessing of John Poniske (game designer) and I recall postings noting MMP (game publisher) would be involved.

I'm not sure of the current status - perhaps John or Wade could give a quick update? (I've been holding off printing the V2 rules in the anticipation of a reformatted set with graphics).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
I believe Wade Hyett did it with the blessing of John Poniske (game designer) and I recall postings noting MMP (game publisher) would be involved.

Wade's rework was "official" - he was working with John to produce it. So if that's the version that was being referenced, it is a replacement to the original rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So will the old playbook that I can download here still be useful for me or are there a lot of changes? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey all.

The version to which Rich refers https://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/qndbwamcfo/Lincoln%2... is the latest and yes Wade worked very hard on it and it is a fine improvement on the original. Wade did receive permission to create a final version with illustrations and he has every intention of doing so but as with most of us he has another life and having devoted a great deal of time to doing what has been posted he is taking a deserved break. The final illustrated version is in the works but no guestimate as to when it will be completed. I do appreciate your continued interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks.
I just submitted the latest version of LW (v.2.1) today to BGG. They should be posted within a few days I would imagine. I will delete the previous 2.0 once the new version is posted. Enjoy!

Edit: The 2.1 version is up now. I'm leaving the older version up there for anyone who wants to compare versions.

I would appreciate any questions or comments on the newer version as I'm continuing to edit the current version. I'm sure there will be some further changes or clarifications in the future and fresh eyes are always a big help.
Thanks
Wade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.