Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerald Block
United States
Tualatin
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I like the game but am confused by one thing. As I understand it, there are three rounds to a game, with divers leaving the sub at the start of each round. Many will never return. But, between rounds, does the sub surface and recharge the communal air tank to "full"?

I don't see that in the rules but have to assume that is what was intended. Otherwise, if the divers used all the air in round 1, there could be no round 2 or 3! Please confirm.

Thanks,

Jerald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Yep. New batch of air each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...And then does everyone return and start together in the submarine at the start of subsequent rounds?

OR, do those who remained in the water (and therefore dropped their collected ruin tokens) remain on their underwater space, moving downward again for their first turn of the new round?

The rules are unclear to me on this point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legato147 wrote:
...And then does everyone return and start together in the submarine at the start of subsequent rounds?

Yup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nedry
Japan
Yamashina
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm of the opinion that players do not return to the sub. In the "Round Conclusion" section their are two sections: 1)Players who made it back to the submarine and 2) Players who did not make it back to the submarine. Additionally, there are two conditions for determining the 1st player of the following round.

"The player farthest from the sub becomes the first player and the next round begins. If all the players made it back, the last player to make it back to the submarine becomes the 1st player."

If all the players are automatically returned to the the sub there would be no need for 2 sections/conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hajny
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
--- Light Grey Art Lab --- Gallery - Minneapolis, MN http://lightgreyartlab.com
badge
Skulls 'N' Slime
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify for anyone who stumbles upon this thread (like I did); oxygen does replenish each round, and ALL divers return to sub each round regardless if they made it back or not.

Confirmed by the designer, Jun Sasaki, via W. Eric Martin, in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.