Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mice and Mystics chapter one More questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Fliris
msg tools
I have a few questions and could use some advice
1. Can Tilda heal herself?
2. If I successfully explore,and enter a new tile does the surge clock reset?
3. If after I have dispatched all the minions from a tile, if I do not take a turn with every mouse on the initiative track and complete an explore action instead with the mouse who is second from the bottom of the initiative track and consequently move to a new tile and also a new encounter and new initiative order,do I have to still place a cheese on the surge clock?
4. If I take the optional side plot to save Miss Maggie in the kitchen.
a.) When do I collect the cheese on the counter. the minuet I get on the counter? or only after all the minions have been dealt with?
b.) How do I leave the kitchen and enter the courtyard? Go back the way I came through the flip space and then through the tunnel entrance tile? Or exit the kitchen through the crack in the wall described in the story book despite the fact that the courtyard has neither orange or blue colored entry points?
5. Do all minions have to be dead in order to escape in to the tree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey Mook
United States
Brookings
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Yes, Tilda can heal herself.
2. No
3. No
4. A) You dont collect the cheese. B) Go back the way you came.
5. Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
theflash4002 wrote:
5. Yes

One bit of extra clarification on Jessey's accurate answers: You can move onto the tree space before all the minions are dead. But the game does not end until the minions are dead AND all un-captured mice are on the tree spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fliris
msg tools
What? You don't get to keep the cheese? Can't seem to catch a break any where. Thanks for the answers guys, even though it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

Jerry the designer has suggested keeping the cheese on the table if playing with kids, but that isn't the design intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fliris
msg tools
One of my friends brings his daughter but at 17 she somehow doesn't qualify as a kid.
I have another one guys. If you hit a minion for more damage than he has saving throws (IE 3 hits against 2 dice) does that minion get to roll anyway? (because he might roll 2 cheese) or is he just dead? I have been giving them the roll and I have triggered a surge that way. Sort of like the last act of defiance JUST BRUTAL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fliris
msg tools
Genestealer1969 wrote:
the minion rolls if hit, even if it would kill him no matter the roll for the the reason you stated. cheese could be added to the cheese wheel.

But the new question would then be that if I get knocked down don't I loose my cheese? And am therefore unable to apply it to any thing, then why should a dead minion have the ability to apply theirs to the wheel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
JIMLECTRO wrote:
Genestealer1969 wrote:
the minion rolls if hit, even if it would kill him no matter the roll for the the reason you stated. cheese could be added to the cheese wheel.

But the new question would then be that if I get knocked down don't I loose my cheese? And am therefore unable to apply it to any thing, then why should a dead minion have the ability to apply theirs to the wheel?

Minions and heroes follow different rules. Simple as that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
JIMLECTRO wrote:
Genestealer1969 wrote:

Assuming you meant captured, because if your mouse gets knocked down the only thing you lose is the ability to move, at least until you take the time to stand back up.

Anyways, that's just how the game is set up. The cheese rolled by minions in defense is really just part of the timer to help keep you moving, rather than cheese being earned by that particular minion to activate an ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fliris
msg tools
In my haste to reply I did choose (knocked down mistakenly and meant captured) Please tell me what page this rule is on or what rules led you to this conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook Page 11 wrote:
If a mouse inflicted one or more hits, the player to the left of the active player rolls defense for the targeted minion and adds the number of sword/shield results rolled.

Emphasis is mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fliris
msg tools
Well I guess I'll Accept the advice of my peers but it seems the game booby traps dead body's with grenades. (metaphorically speaking)

Thanks for the help.
Jim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.