6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Russia

Subject: Board game stores in SP and Moscow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheer Birnbaum
msg tools
Hello Russia's gaming community!

I will be traveling to SP at the end of July and am looking for board game stores that have games in English.

Could you please give me any recommendations?
I will also be "pooping" in on Moscow so if there are any big stores there it would be good to know.

Many thanks!
Sheer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosigra has the best choice, and they have plenty of stores not far away from the Metro stations. Check out their website for more info. I think you can also pop them a good old sbemail with a question, and they mightapossibly tell you which one of them stores is the largest. =)
Do keep in mind that most of the games are already localized, as it is much cheaper and more convenient for the customers (would you buy Arkham Horror in a foreign language to complement the feeling of cryptic dread?). I would recommend you to go for the games you already know, or choose some that are not language-dependent, though I think some of them are indeed shipped in original language.
HobbyGames often sells English-language games, as some of them are too rare to localize. Though they do not sell Nexus Ops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Bailey
United States
Верджиния-Бич
Вирджиния
flag msg tools
Mosigra, Igroved, Hobby games, Fun mills, Mimoplay should have something in English. They all also have websites, so you can take a look. Also in case you need some guidance in SP here's another site petersburg.expert, good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lawson
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edinorog (unicorn in Russian) has is a decent choice at https://edinorog.org/collection/cool-english-games
The website, unfortunately, is Russian-only, but I reckon the staff would be able to speak English, or at least communicate via e-mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also feel free to PM me if you need any guidance, friends. =) I can literally walk across the street to most of the big boardgame stores in the Northern Capital.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Barinov
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Without the prowargames.ru at Moscow this list will be incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.