Albion's Legacy» Forums » Strategy

Subject: general approach rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hesseldenz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Lost the first game by a landslide. After analyzing what we did vs what we still needed to do, seems the best general strategy is to concentrate on getting the tiles for the story out as soon as possible (scouting or abilities that allow one to search for the proper tiles). Then, you can work on collecting enough quest tokens at the same time that you're going around for the story tokens. Granted, it won't be as easy as that, especially with the story quests that spawn enemies (eg Onerous Giants), but this seems to be a good general approach to the game. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Not played the Giants yet, just the Ninth Legion (lost). I think you are right about the scouting, we were a bit stuffed with ours with the tile shuffle as 2 of the possible locations we needed were the last two tiles in the pile so we never found them.
It seems to me that some of the Severe Threats need to be targeted more quickly than others, not seen them all but that was our consensus from what we saw. Palug especially was one I remember, not being able to get spoils was very damaging as it is a better away to equipment than the individual tiles as (normally) more than one player can get the ability.
Some way to replace destiny tokens also looks to be very useful as we ended up burning through ours very early on.
Looking at the artifacts, the character personal quests look well worth pursuing if you can as there are some very powerful bits of gear available.

EDIT: Played Slumbering Dragons last night and Palug's ability helped us in a way as although I know at least one of the team was itching for a spoils draw, due to Palug we couldn't get one so this allowed to build up a stack of bodies to entice the Dragons out to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I hesitate to weigh in on this conversation to any major extent, since I see my role here as clarifying the rules and helping you play the game - not win the game.

All I'll say is that it's great to see the strategy discussion starting, and you guys are making great observations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my own tactics, however I tend to be more worried about losing Arthur sometimes... hahaha Even though he ALWAYS dies.

I've found that balancing a characters recharging, repair etc, with your movements makes for a better chance in the end.

Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was, considering the exact opposite based on my current game. My three ladies have unleashed a swarm of baddies all over the castle, as well as that dreaded named knight who adds a threat card each key-turn phase.

I was wondering if I should have buffed them up for a few turns before venturing outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Relics - don't forget them. Yes the Armoury can be nice, but grab a Relic for a Spoils and see what it can do for you.

....and Items too

We are finding we are trying to "tool" up as much as possible the first turn and a bit, picking up Items, Virtues and new Armour and Relics. The extra little bonuses can be a godsend in a scarp.

If you have a particular nasty enemy then every bonus helps so working together with team members sat on Attribute tiles can be the key to success especially where you have restrictive Named abilities like Blasine or Gorlos.

....Getting a good spread of Favoured Enemies also seems to be useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.