Subject: Defenders of Soma contest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay, I'll admit it - I usually don't read the fine print.

But I noticed something about the current contest for the game "Defenders of Soma". They're apparently not giving away copies of the game as prizes in the traditional sense. According to the fine print of the contest "If you back our Kickstarter AND win this contest, we’ll reimburse you for the value and shipping cost of one game."

If I'm reading this right, everyone is being asked to buy a copy of the game and then there will be a drawing where ten people get their money back. That's obviously a lot different than the traditional way of giving out contest prizes.

I checked the other current contest pages and they appear to be running traditional contests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Delaney
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Choo Choo Mother F***ker
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's safe to say that what they mean is that: if you win the contest you get the game, regardless of if you backed it or not on kickstarter.

But...
If you win the contest and had also backed the game on kickstarter then they will refund you.

Not that you have to back it to win, just that if you did back it and you win, you will be refunded. (Which is good, don't want people angry that they paid for a game when they won a free copy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That does make a lot more sense.

I shouldn't be reading fine print too early in the morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stewart
Scotland
ELGIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ion514 wrote:
I think it's safe to say that what they mean is that: if you win the contest you get the game, regardless of if you backed it or not on kickstarter.

But...
If you win the contest and had also backed the game on kickstarter then they will refund you.

Not that you have to back it to win, just that if you did back it and you win, you will be refunded. (Which is good, don't want people angry that they paid for a game when they won a free copy)

this is rue which makes it a pretty good competition if you ask me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, one of the few games I've backed recently because it seems pretty freakin' cool. I've tried to limit myself to 1 KS boardgame a month this year... though I had to break that when Epic went live >.>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.