Subject: Raschid and the Favor of the Khan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
So my understanding is that Raschid can put a 6 every time on the Khan area, making it...pretty hard for everyone else to make use of the space like it seems to have been intended. Everyone else can put a 6 there, but they suffer the consequences of losing a 6. Not Raschid. After several plays, this seems, maybe not broken, but like a rather unfun mechanical element with Raschid in the game. I cannot find anything about him being erratad for the Khan area, so I guess that everyone else is just SOL when Raschid places there? And I know if he places early, then he loses out on first dibs for other locations. It is still incredibly obnoxious, and If he did a double or triple dice place first turn and places on Khan second, it is still pretty early for Khan so he still has a good chance of blocking everyone else's non-6's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can block that space with a 6, Raschid just had an easier time doing it. Keep in mind that Raschid doesn't get any other powers aside from his dice manipulation, so he needs to utilize it to the fullest to have a shot against the other characters.

Edit: also if you're playing against Raschid and you need to use the Khan space you just know you need to go there earlier and adjust your plans accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The Khan space isn't really a place made to go early. Sometimes you don't care if you have a lot of money, etc., but that kind of spot is, in my mind, meant to be a place to throw out bad dice or get that last resource you need. Raschid can make that pretty tough to do, especially if he is above you in the turn order. My opinion, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazydragonking99 wrote:
The Khan space isn't really a place made to go early.

Well, I have found in my plays, there are a LOT of times that I need one or two camels and one resource to complete a contract or travel somewhere in particular, and in that case, making sure you get the Khan space is certainly more efficient.

I've seen Raschid win one time, lose three times. Johannes Caprini beat him once, and Matteo Polo beat him twice - an extra die and the contract churn goes a LONG way in this game.

I agree that Raschid is very good, but I don't see his ability to clog the Khan's Favor up as important as his ability to get the maximum at the market any time he pleases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 Player Game: Raschid is not one of the strongest characters in the game.
For example it's extremely hard for him to beet Mercator, who basically follows an equivalent strategy.

So: let him some fun with blocking favor of Khan. This isn't the key to win the game.

If you're Raschid: try to get as much black dice as possible, as you will profit most with these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.