Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

Operation is a game that has been around for ages. I think nearly everyone, at least people with kids, have played this game. I like this game even though it is mass market. It isn't something I would play with my gaming group, but it does still have some difficulty to it. The older I get the harder it may become again.

My kids like this game and the theme only helps. Doc McStuffins is a near perfect fit for this game. The theme works perfectly. You are trying to heal the toys, which makes sense but for the fact there isn't a toy you are "healing" on the board. Missed oppoturnity. Wonder if they were trying to be PC.

Otherwise, if your kids like Disney Junior and more pointed Doc McStuffins, then this is the version of the game to get. The game hasn't changed much, just what you are trying to get out.

Keeper.

Components:

Wood/plastic: You get little plastic boo boos that fit inside the game board. They are all purple and fit the theme.

Cards: N/A

Art: The art and theme really fits the Operation game. Doc McStuffins is perfect for this game.

Board: The board is made of plastic with a Doc McStuffins overlay. Gone is the person you are doing operation on; instead, we get a generic room. I'm sure this is about being PC.

Type of money/vp: N/A

Final Grade: The components are good for this sort of mass market game. This is classic Operation with the working buzzer. I think the theme would have fit better if you were working on a toy, but everything works fine.

Rule Book:

Color/B/W: Color

Pictures of components: No

Picture of game set up: No

Pictures included: Barely

Example of playing the game: No

How long to read the book: 1-2 Minutes

Player Aid: No

The rules are simple and presented in three sentences. The rules are so simple it is unlikely you even need them to figure out how to play. The rules are printed on really hard paper and are very durable.

Flow of the Game:

The game is really easy to play. You are trying to collect the most boo boos. You use a small tweezer to pull boo boos out of your patient. If you touch the side of the space a buzzer will go off. Then, the next player goes. If the buzzer does not go off, then you keep the item.

That's the entire game. You continue until you are bored or the all the boo boos are gathered. Simple, but fun. Kids will love this game.

Should I buy this game?:

I think every kid on the planet has played this game and likley has a copy. It is so cheap and can be found in nearly any theme desired. It is a pretty good dexterity game and is mass produced. Today is your lucky day.

Keeper.

*The images posted with this review are not mine and are images I found on BGG. If you click on the image, you can see who posted it to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 717 Operation: Doc McStuffins: You can literally buy this game in nearly any children's theme you want
One time, we were at a party and made a drunk friend play Star Wars Operation. It was really funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 717 Operation: Doc McStuffins: You can literally buy this game in nearly any children's theme you want
You appear to have multple purge #716s and # 717s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think every kid on the planet has played this game and likley has a copy.

Thank you for the review.
Please think about that sentence again.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
First world thinking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Si Fei wrote:
Quote:
I think every kid on the planet has played this game and likley has a copy.

Thank you for the review.
Please think about that sentence again.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
First world thinking?

I don't know what this means. If it is a joke, I just don't understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean that kids who do not happen to live in first world countries are very unlikely to have even come into contact with this (or any) games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Si Fei wrote:
I mean that kids who do not happen to live in first world countries are very unlikely to have even come into contact with this (or any) games.

Ha. Fair enough. It was just a matter of speech. A cliche if you will. Not to be taken literally. I really meant "a lot of kids in the United States" have this game. It was just meant as a grand exaggaration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trisha M

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the cardboard bandages for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trusha wrote:
What are the cardboard bandages for?

To cover up spaces you already fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.