6 Posts

Fleet Commander: Nimitz» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Light and Kamikaze rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the Japanese draw "First Light" and "Kamikaze" battle plans in the same battle turn, are they both played at the same time? And would that be when "First Light" is played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't provide a reference, but I believe all are in agreement that each Japanese Battle Plan is in effect for the entire Battle Turn, unless otherwise specified in the rules (i.e., "Damage Control", which limits its use to only the first hit of the turn).

So considering that there's nothing preventing "First Light" and "Kamikaze" from being used concurrently, and that "Kamikaze is in effect for the entire turn, I agree with Gary... a double "Yes" is the best answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So if the Japanese draw both, then the fighters from the "First Light" carrier accompany ALL the bombers from every carrier and land based? But fighters from other carriers don't go with the Kamikaze/First Light group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the First Light attack with the carrier group (Kamikaze in effect for its bombers) and land the fighters after. Then do the normal moves for the battle with the Kamikaze in effect for the remaining bombers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

jchron wrote:
...ALL the bombers from every carrier...

Remember that the Japanese 'First Light' attack order applies to only one Japanese Carrier (the one with the most aircraft). IOW, only the aircraft from that one carrier are flying a First Light attack.

Reference: Rulebook, Pg 15, left column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.