Subject: BSG 494 - You Broke Your Little Ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Skyrim 2 is coming, right? Yes, I know Skyrim is Elder Scrolls 5...
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG 494 - You Broke Your Little Ships
6 Player Game to Earth using Daybreak (D - CL)

Welcome to the start of “494 - You Broke Your Little Ships”. My pre-amble has been shamelessly stolen from ed_hennessy, as he has been kind enough to mod both of the games I’ve played so far - how better to return the favor!

This will be a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius, JasperHawk, and Mawkee for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

Our Crew:

TBD

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of game.

If, at some point, you are temporarily away from your cards and need the text to make a decision, send me a GeekMail and I'll get you the relevant information.

d10-2 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least twice per day, preferably around 12 hours apart.

There is an expectation that you will not hold the game up for a significant period of time when it is your turn to make an action. If it is your turn to act and it has been more than 12 hours, I will issue a reminder to you. After 24 hours of inactivity, I may make your decision for you. Habitual offenders may be replaced. If you are going to be offline for longer stretches of time (and that is totally acceptable), please tell us in the thread (or me by geekmail), and we can pause the game if necessary.

Do note that if there is active discussion concerning your current turn you will not be rushed.

d10-3 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY.

Anything that needs to be communicated privately by me and a player will take place via GeekMail. When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line. (Example: "BSG 488: Starbuck - Secret Destiny Use")

d10-4 Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here. If you are mobile, I would recommend using the shortcut features I believe most phones have to save you banner, otherwise please type your character name in caps at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded.

d10-5 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players).

d10-6 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

The game can get much less fun if some players have perfect memories, so if you are quoting another player it may not be from more than one page back.

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules.

Battlestar Galactica is a much less interesting game if the secrecy rules are not closely followed. I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ. In particular, please make sure you don't:
* Say "medium" if you only played one card.
* Talk about scouted cards beyond good or bad.
* Identify what cards (or even what colors) you played into a skill check.
* Volunteer what cards are in your hand unless it is relevant to the situation.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 I ask that you put in COs for pretty much anything you can think of. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. The following is a (non-comprehensive) list of examples of things for which I will not ask for interrupts for (and thus will not have interrupts played on them unless you put in a CO):

Declare Emergency
Strategic Planning on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
Strategic Planning on attacks by vipers.
Strategic Planning on any rolls that would aid the Cylons.
Evasive Maneuvers unless the viper is a. destroyed, b. manned, c. it is the last ship protecting a civilian, d. it is the last ship in a sector and there are no civilians on the board, or e. if there are 2 or fewer undamaged vipers left.

4 I will assume that you have a standing CO to pass on any interrupt that you do not hold in your hand. Players are encouraged to put in COs to pass on interrupts that they are holding but do not intend to play. Any COs to pass on interrupts will be resolved once everyone else has already passed, to minimize the amount of information revealed by these COs.

5 If you have an interrupt-style character ability, then you must put in a CO to use your ability when appropriate. For example, I will not ask if Starbuck wants to use Secret Destiny on every crisis card that is played, but she may put in a CO to pause to let her decide when a crisis card meets certain criteria.

6 Be very clear when writing your COs. If I feel it is ambiguous, I will let you know and will not execute the CO. Feel free to make them as complicated as you like, as long as they are understandable.

Despite my best intentions, I will probably make mistakes and miss things. If you see something that looks wrong let me know.[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb

Invites:

Kiwi13cubed - OUT
nwndotcom - NO RESPONSE
Rckhopr - OUT
GregF - IN
Eiddwen - IN
Adityarengaswamy - NO RESPONSE

Alternates:

Nietreche - IN
Adria - IN
lloybra - NO RESPONSE
sirdidamus42 - NO RESPONSE
Arkest - IN
raster51 - NO RESPONSE

Round 2 Alternates:

Sonataluna - IN
KraZug
HarveyDoom
XP105

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broad
Australia
flag msg tools
I gladly accept as an alternate. I've read a LOT of PBF games and played a bunch in person but this would be the first PBF game I play so I will ask questions if I'm unsure of something, to which I apologize in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I need to pass, I actually need to update wait list to extend vacation time, sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb

Nietreche - questions are always welcome; I screw up plenty of things, so don't be shy to point out when something is wrong during a PBF.

Rckhopr - thanks for declining, it's much better than silence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in if there is room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in as an alternate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you please do me a favour? I try to start another game, but there are so many remaining invitees on the waiting list that already play/ accepted a game. Could you please all update the waiting list? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr T 1977 wrote:
Could you please do me a favour? I try to start another game, but there are so many remaining invitees on the waiting list that already play/ accepted a game. Could you please all update the waiting list? Thank you.

Yep - once I have the list for this game locked down (sometime tomorrow evening I hope) I'll clean up my set of invitees.

FWIW - I'm not sure if all mods do this, but I've marked the invitees and alternates for this game with I-494 and A-494 respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nietreche wrote:
I gladly accept as an alternate. I've read a LOT of PBF games and played a bunch in person but this would be the first PBF game I play so I will ask questions if I'm unsure of something, to which I apologize in advance.

Everyone has their first game sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry for the slow start guys; I think we've hit 48h at this point, so I am marking everyone I haven't heard from as a non-responder and sending out a few more invites. We really only need one more invitee, so hopefully it shouldn't take too much more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eiddwen
Wales
flag msg tools
No rush, the ship can't leave without all of us.

Except Helo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WhiteWolf
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate Invite Round 2 here:

Count me in

edit: And my avatar is pure coincidence XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you have enough people now, so I'll wait until the next ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll clean up the waiting list tonight... for now...

Eiddwen 1d1000 = (61) = 61
Adria 1d1000 = (476) = 476
Sonataluna 1d1000 = (613) = 613
GregF 1d1000 = (710) = 710
Nietreche 1d1000 = (940) = 940
Arkest 1d1000 = (946) = 946

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 747398. Desonos
  • 1d1000 =
  • (710) =
  • GregF
  • Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 747399. Desonos
  • 1d1000 =
  • (61) =
  • Eiddwen
  • [+]
  • 747400. Desonos
  • 1d1000 =
  • (940) =
  • Nietreche
  • [+]
  • 747401. Desonos
  • 1d1000 =
  • (476) =
  • Adria
  • [+]
  • 747402. Desonos
  • 1d1000 =
  • (946) =
  • Arkest
  • Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:13 pm
  • [+]
  • 747403. Desonos
  • 1d1000 =
  • (613) =
  • Sonataluna
  • Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:13 pm
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, Eiddwen, you're up first; choose from Political Leaders, Military Leaders, Pilots, Support Personnel, or Cylon Leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broad
Australia
flag msg tools
Such a high roll, only bested by poor Arkest.

Incidentally, are we using Pegasus or base-game Investigative Committees?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eiddwen
Wales
flag msg tools
Hmm, I usually don't like doing it when first but I've been wanting to try a CL in a PBF for quite some time.

1d100 = (28) = 28

And my incredibly unskilled use of the roller was even, so I choose Athena.

D'Anna will have to wait for another chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 747450. Eiddwen
  • 1d100 =
  • (28) =
  • Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:50 pm
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we going lowest to highest rolls for turn order? Am I up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broad
Australia
flag msg tools
Adria wrote:
Are we going lowest to highest rolls for turn order? Am I up?

Since Eiddwen was first pick, and not Arkest, it is my understanding that we're going lowest to highest. So you are up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nietreche wrote:
Since Eiddwen was first pick, and not Arkest, it is my understanding that we're going lowest to highest. So you are up.

I figured it's a safe bet to assume so, but I wanted to double-check first, just in case there's some convoluted thing going on.

Assuming we are going low to high, I will take Roslin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd vote in favor of using Pegasus ICs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Rice
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Not a Cylon
mbmbmbmbmb
Mobile Post

Indeed, lowest to highest. Sonataluna is up - pick something that isn't a Cylon Leader or Politician.

I'm ambivalent regarding IC's, so here's a poll:

Poll
IC Type
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Base IC's - Destiny is revealed BEFORE the check.
0.0% 0
Pegasus IC's - Destiny is revealed AFTER the check.
100.0% 7
Voters 7
This poll is now closed.   7 answers
Poll created by Desonos
Closes: Thu Jul 9, 2015 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Pegasus ICs too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.