Subject: Power Fist card. Can you use when seen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK so my BF and I had a disagreement on the Power Fists card. It says

"Reveal this Card. Place the Orangutan figure on the game board at his current location. All hunters within 2 spaces of the Orangutan are stunned."

Emphasis mine. That is the word we have disagreement over. He is taking it literally and saying he cannot use it if he has been seen because he has already placed his figure on the board and thus cannot "place" it again. I think he's taking it too literally and that it would be silly to only be able to use this power while hidden. To me its obviously an "oh crap" button to AOE stun the hunters so you can escape. This was not in the official FAQ. What are your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija Opašić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. Power fist is not a stealth attack, you just have to be visible while doing it. So if you use it hidden, you have to reveal yourself. If you are already seen, you just do the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You reveal yourself when you use the Power Fists.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Matija and Will are correct. The intent was that the Orangutan would end up revealing his current location when he used the powerfist as it is not a subtle ability. While it's mostly used as a stun-and-run, it can be effect to run up to a guarded objective to stun the hunters from retaliating once you complete it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.