Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » General

Subject: Building tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chrupek Chrupczewski
msg tools
Hello,

my question is: how big the hex building tokens are? And, as were here, i would really appreciate if you could count the buildings and let me know, how many of each you got.

Im asking because im willing to buy this game, and im going to tweak it a little bit, and 3d print those components.

Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
I don't have the game handy, but the rulebook can help with the component count:

164 six-sided tiles:
* 7x 8 buildings (beige, 16x with black backs)
* 7x 4 animals (light green, 8x with black backs)
* 26 “knowledge” (yellow, 6x with black backs)
* 16 castles (dark green, 2x with black backs)
* 12 mines (grey, 2x with black backs)
* 26 ships (blue, 6x with black backs)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chruper wrote:


Im asking because im willing to buy this game, and im going to tweak it a little bit, and 3d print those components.

Thank you!


How will you be able to keep the information hidden if printed in 3D?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
Chruper wrote:


Im asking because im willing to buy this game, and im going to tweak it a little bit, and 3d print those components.

Thank you!


How will you be able to keep the information hidden if printed in 3D?


I think he will use the tiles to draw them secretly and put them on the board with 3D models! should look pretty cool!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrupek Chrupczewski
msg tools

Quote:

I think he will use the tiles to draw them secretly and put them on the board with 3D models! should look pretty cool!!



Thats exactly what im going to do
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ricketts

Ballarat
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought to myself the other day that this would be a great idea. Lacking a 3D printer and decent 3D modelling skills puts a crimp in my plans though.

Let us know how this turns out for you. I'd love to see your progress on this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrupek Chrupczewski
msg tools
Finally i did it but im not sure if linking this is legal considering BGG rules. Let's say that this is a teaser, and if you're somewhat interested in your copy just contact me (is that ok with the moderator?).

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa. Those are awesome. I just bought the game yesterday and haven't even had a chance to play it yet. But I already want those.

Are these just for the buildings, or are you going to make fields with animals, boats, castles and mines as well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phillip wilson
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Those look awesome. I would love to give a try printing them. It would be really neat to use for the Yellow tiles with the 4*. One of those per building.

Actually adding a raised 4/ like the Yellows would be ever cooler.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing work. I'm not sure how functional they are without the icons and colors, but I'm extremely impressed. I personally like the artwork, so never felt the need to make it pop in 3D. But if I did, this looks like a great start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phillip wilson
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've been checking this thread for a month hoping Chruper would get back on and post a link to thingiverse.com.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phillipwilson wrote:
I've been checking this thread for a month hoping Chruper would get back on and post a link to thingiverse.com.


Yet here we are. 5 months later and thingi-less.


...that came out wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arise dead thread....ARISE!

so, google search landed me here...awesome hex's...easy remix for yellow/tech tiles...good jumping poing for green fields...buuuuut no thingiverse link?

further searches found this:

http://www.cleversteps.eu/index.php?route=product/product&pr...

anyone have any other info on these models or any other 3d models out there?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K B
msg tools
mb
Bumping this thread. Anyone have any leads on where to get 3D printed models? The ones in this thread are pretty cool looking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did reach out to the people running that cleversteps website re buying the stl files and was told they aren't for sale.

It would appear there is little hope of seeing them pop up on thingiverse or anywhere like that.

They seem to only entertain selling printed sets...I know what your are thinking "but...there's no price on that site..." Yeah, I asked about that too and was told they are expensive so they encourage people to email them for pricing...which sounds a lot like "we don't want to advertise a price bc it's insane"...and then there's shipping (they seem to be located in Europe).

I'd be game to re tinker these files to create the 4/ yellow tiles...and the animals wouldn't be too tough...boats too probably...but the buildings...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
justinbarnhill wrote:
I did reach out to the people running that cleversteps website re buying the stl files and was told they aren't for sale.

It would appear there is little hope of seeing them pop up on thingiverse or anywhere like that.

They seem to only entertain selling printed sets...I know what your are thinking "but...there's no price on that site..." Yeah, I asked about that too and was told they are expensive so they encourage people to email them for pricing...which sounds a lot like "we don't want to advertise a price bc it's insane"...and then there's shipping (they seem to be located in Europe).

I'd be game to re tinker these files to create the 4/ yellow tiles...and the animals wouldn't be too tough...boats too probably...but the buildings...


Ah, the old "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" approach. Shame.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.