Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Hoehener
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone

After watching Rahdo's runthrough and hearing his critique on the official 2p-play of it (no hurry to pass as the ship you really really want is not getting occupied by other players like in 3 & 4p games) I thought about the following variant:

During the auction you use the two ship markers of the player colors not used in the game (the ghost one and the 4th other one). After the first bidding if no player has passed you roll a D4. After the roll, the respective ship (not counting the ghost ship) gets blocked; In the next round if still no player has passed you roll again. The next respective ship gets block, if the result shows the already blocked ship from roll one, you block the ship next in line.

I think this could make the whole passing aspect of the game more interesting with 2 players because you may really want one ship but the risk is that it gets taken by a dummy player?

Cheers Marco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think it sounds quite good although many people (I don't know why), are put off by randomness so would not like it. I like games where you have to change plans on the fly, so this could work....I have it set up, so am about to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.