Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Roll & Play» Forums » Reviews

Subject: The Purge: # 726 Roll & Play: A game for Toddlers to identify colors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

Roll and Play was a family favorite. My kids have outgrown this game which brings a small tear to my eyes. We played this game quite often and it is the game I used to get my kids playing board games.

Your kids will out grow this game, but it has a lot of fun in this box. This is a fun game. It is simple, but I was surprised how quickly my children learned the rules.

This is also an opportunity for you to be silly with your kids. Acting out the cards can bring a lot of laughter to your house. Keeper for younger kids.

Purge.

Components:

Wood/plastic: N/A

Cards: The cards are large and colorful. They are designed to withstand small hands and last a while. If they get marked it isn't a big deal.

Art: The art is very friendly. It has animals and children on it. Very appealing to children and younger eyes.

Board: N/A

Type of money/vp: N/A

Final Grade: The giant cube is soft and very kid friendly. My kids loved rolling the giant die/cube and getting the colors right. Acting out the cards was a family favorite. Very good components.

Rule Book:

Color/B/W: Color

Pictures of components: Yes

Picture of game set up: No

Pictures included: Yes

Example of playing the game: Yes

How long to read the book: 1 Minutes

Player Aid: No

The rules are printed on the back of the box. This means you need to keep the worthless cardboard the game comes with.

Flow of the Game:

The game is super simple for adults, but allows children to learn rules of games.

You roll the large cube. Pick a card with that color and then act out the actions on the cards.

This teaches taking turns, rolling a "die", identifying colors and learning differnet actions.

Should I buy this game?:

This is the first board game my kids started with. It is simple in premise and gets kids learning how to play games. I would recommend this for anyone with a baby to toddler. My kids had a lot of fun with this game.

Purge.

*The images posted with this review are not mine and are images I found on BGG. If you click on the image, you can see who posted it to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, picked this up and waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering what ages you taught your kids this game and at what age they outgrew it?

Thanks for putting up a review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrix wrote:
Awesome, picked this up and waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering what ages you taught your kids this game and at what age they outgrew it?

Thanks for putting up a review!

I tend to start my kids early and tweak the rules. I want to say 12-18 months I had them rolling this dice. I may be off on those months as things tend to run together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.