Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

Silly Sentences is a way for kids to learn about sentence structure. Kids build sentences by drawing tiles and some can get pretty silly. I guess that is why they call it Silly Sentences.

The components are nice. My version doesn't really include rules for gaming but rather instructions on how to teach your kids to read. My kids like building the sentences and laughing at the silly sentences they have created.

This is more about learning than fun. It doesn't include a real game and no good gaming mechanics. It has a purpose; gaming is not it.

I would recommend this for having a fun activity to do with your children while they are learning how to read.

Keeper. Learning only.

Components:

Wood/plastic: All of the words/pictures are presented on tiles that fit togther like a puzzle. They are thick enough for children to play it numerous times.

Cards: N/A

Art: The art is just real pictures of the items (clock is a picture of a clock, etc).

Board: N/A

Type of money/vp: N/A

Final Grade: The components are nice. They are thick tiles that fit together like a puzzle. The different types of words (verbs/nouns, etc) are color coded to help recognize them. When possible, the words include a picture of the word. Very nice.

Rule Book:

Color/B/W: N/A

Pictures of components: N/A

Picture of game set up: N/A

Pictures included: N/A

Example of playing the game: N/A

How long to read the book: N/A

Player Aid: N/A

No rules were included. This is more of an exericse than a game.

Flow of the Game:

I don't know if every copy was like this, but my copy did not come with a rule book. It was just tiles with words on them. You just build sentences with the different words. No game included.

Should I buy this game?:

This is a learnin tool and really nothing more. I would use this to help your kids read and learn to build sentences. The game is secondary.

Keeper. For Learning.

*The images posted with this review are not mine and are images I found on BGG. If you click on the image, you can see who posted it to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does come with a rulebook and so there is a game here.

However, the way I played it (ignoring the rules) was that my son and I both had to come up with a silly sentence and then my wife had to judge which one was the silliest. That person then got 1 point. First to a set number of points was the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.