Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I am playing against the Bots and I am winning by a substantial amount, will the Bots change it's strategy in an attempt to forestall a loss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:
If I am playing against the Bots and I am winning by a substantial amount, will the Bots change it's strategy in an attempt to forestall a loss?

Well, the simple answer is no. I'm not sure how much experience you have with bots in previous COIN games, but they, like the ones in Liberty or Death, are flowcharts. A bot's actions are based on the positioning of its pieces and how many it has where, depending on the faction, of course.

I think you'll find, however, that this won't be an issue in the first place. The bots have some rules modifications to compensate (e.g. they get Special Activities when players normally wouldn't). The bots have been extensively playtested and are being perfected by Oerjan with help from others, and I think you'll find that they'll give you a true challenge. They've even triumphed over Harold, the game's designer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you again, Max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:
Thank you again, Max.

Always happy to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:

Exactly like Max said, I'd be amazed to see anyone beating the bots by a substantial amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The bots take the Support-Opposition situation into account when they choose what action to take... not sure if that counts as "changing strategy" though

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the bots in the COIN games, but especially Liberty or Death, offer a varied play experience from game to game? Do you have to solve the puzzle differently in every game? That is what I like in a good solo design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:
Do the bots in the COIN games, but especially Liberty or Death, offer a varied play experience from game to game? Do you have to solve the puzzle differently in every game? That is what I like in a good solo design.

Oh yes. I've played like 3 or 4 back to back solo games of Fire in the Lake recently and each has been different from the others. It all depends very much on which events come up and which faction play order you get. There's a a lot of variety in the box. It'll be the same in LoD with the same bot designer at the helm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:
Fading Captain wrote:

Oh yes. I've played like 3 or 4 back to back solo games of Fire in the Lake recently and each has been different from the others. It all depends very much on which events come up and which faction play order you get. There's a a lot of variety in the box. It'll be the same in LoD with the same bot designer at the helm.

Thanks. Definitely looking for a good solo experience with this one, as I do not think that I could otherwise get this one to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:
masil wrote:
Fading Captain wrote:

Thanks. Definitely looking for a good solo experience with this one, as I do not think that I could otherwise get this one to the table.

Do keep in mind that there'll be a learning curve, both, to the game's strategies and to running the bots. It'll take a few games before it all begins to make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.