Subject: Italian setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel stupid asking about this since no-one else has asked here or at CSW, but the setup of the Italians in Adowa says (3.1): "Italian units start in the set-up hex indicated on their counter"

I simply can't find any setup info on the counters (or anywhere else for that matter). Am I missing something obvious?

Do all four brigades start in 3505 and 3508?

It might be hidden somewhere else in the rules. If that is the case, then I stand corrected, but I kind of got stuck at setup.

Strange also that the rules says that the players need to supply themselves with their own 6-sided die. There are two dice in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kim, we assumed they started in giant stacks in the hexes marked with their respective formations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campari Marco
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrtracy wrote:
Kim, we assumed they started in giant stacks in the hexes marked with their respective formations.

it is exactly like this !
The information on the Italian counters are the badges which are in the entry hexes!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Should not the -1 DRM for Italian Naval rapid Guns artilleri be à +1 instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campari Marco
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kim, thank you again for the message!

The negative DRM is correct; in fact the Italian Naval Rapid Guns were particulary ineffective against the dense hordes of Abyssinians, as they fired only naval rounds, not shrapnels, which were the only really effective artillery ammonition.

The batteries which had them had a very bad effectiveness....cry

Enjoy it!

Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.